Rumour Mill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumour Mill

Originally posted by Boomer
Tenn - he also fumbled 6 times in that game. He's too immobile to be effective. Very few teams have the OL that the Rams had and the TB that the Rams had and the great route running WR's that the Rams had when they won it all. And as I said, it's hard for the Rams to deal him because of the near $7 million cap hit for a team that is facing up to the re-signing of guys like Damian Lewis, Tommy Polley, Adam Archeluta, etc in the next 12 months.
dude he was concucted its a wonder he could stand up.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
ive been hearing jamar will stay with us that we have no choice due to the contract we will have him till it expires which is next year.

Yes, cutting Fletcher doesn't provide much savings ($80K). But it might be a move we make anyway simply to part ways with him.

He is signed thru 2005.

Originally posted by Muck

Yes, cutting Fletcher doesn't provide much savings ($80K). But it might be a move we make anyway simply to part ways with him.

He is signed thru 2005.
well if it does not hurt that much send him packing no reason to keep him around that i can think of if anybody can i would like to hear it.

bye-bye.....we need the roster spot for another 'hopeful' candidate

I don't think we have a real good shot at Garcia, his play in december is going to entise the niners to keep him.

Their cap is very high and they want to keep that young defense together. Garcia could still go.

For sure he could still go, but they are very very happy with the way he is playing right now, and they may just look hard to find a way to keep him.

I hope not, I woudln't mind seeing the guy here.

Does'nt he have a back injury, and is'nt he listed as questionable for almost every game?:huh:

Terrelle Owens will be gone at the end of the season as well, correct? isnt he an unrestricted free agent?

that may effect the campaign to get rid of Garcia in SF. they might not want to lose their starting QB of several years and one of the best WRs in the league at once, or they may be faced with rebuilding an offense while having a young, solid defense.

SF is kind of reminiscent of the Dolphins, when our legendary QB (not that im saying Garcia is a legend, mind you) retired a few years back. there was the makings of a solid young defense, but the offense was in transition... i wonder how the SF front office decisions of the next few years will stack up compared to those of Miami that we debate at Finheaven.com daily.

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
Sage is a joke, just pass on him.

Really, is that your proffessional opinion of Sage?
What exactly are you basing your opinion on? The Packers game after Lucas went down and he was in for two plays? Or the Titans game where he drove the offense down and scored a TD against a defense detemined to get a shutout? Or by pre-season?
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing about sage that counts against him, is he has been a 3rd stringer for so long. I know we don't have the best coaching staff, but if he had shown an signs of being able to play qb good enough to start he would have shown it by now.

But still, why not give the guy a start, we could find a tom brady of our own, you never know, that's the point.

I say start him, what do we have to lose?

Originally posted by Boomer
And as I said, it's hard for the Rams to deal him because of the near $7 million cap hit for a team that is facing up to the re-signing of guys like Damian Lewis, Tommy Polley, Adam Archeluta, etc in the next 12 months.

Actually, his cap hit is $8.8 million and he counts $9 million against the cap.

The major rumor in St. Louis (I live right by here) is that he'll reutnr a large portion of the signing bonus to St. Louis so they can deal him (then re-sign a deal with the new team for some of that money back) it lowers his cap hit and makes him a viable option to be let go.

He'll probably be cut in june if they can't find another way to deal him with him returning much less of the bonus and lowering his cap hit that way. They can't just keep him on the team forever, one way or another they'll have to find a way for him to go if they want to keep Bulger and their young guys on defense.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
The only thing about sage that counts against him, is he has been a 3rd stringer for so long. I know we don't have the best coaching staff, but if he had shown an signs of being able to play qb good enough to start he would have shown it by now.

Lets not forget how conservitive DW is,earlier in the season if he puts Sage in and jepordizes a chance at the playoffs then he's fired for sure, and the only real situation that arose was the Tenn. game when we got blown out. DW is not the gambling type to take a chance on a young QB unless he's forced to (Packers game) reguardless of how well he does or doesn't practices.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
But still, why not give the guy a start, we could find a tom brady of our own, you never know, that's the point.

I say start him, what do we have to lose?

I totally agree with you.

He was third stringer due to lack of experience and playing for a team that had contention on their minds and not wanting to have to rely on a kid if Jay got hurt. Sage is a joke? No the comment was a Joke!

He looked good to me, and I believ he will get a shot in camp in 04. I think we will also draft a qb with one of our first 2 picks and sign a veteran or return Jay at a reduced price with the intention of a competition or to groom the rookie. Either way it will be a stop gap til teh rookie/Sage is ready. Brunell fits this bill well. I take him over Garcia anyday. Look at the teams they played for, SF way better than Jax over teh past few years.

Back
Top Bottom