Run Defense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Run Defense

I'm not going to get in to much about the Dolphins, because I haven't closely followed them. So I'll stick to my Broncos.

They've played two good run defenses, the Niners and Chargers, and ran over both of them. They put up 200 against the Niners. All the other teams they played they ran all over too.

They've played against three good running teams. The Niners, Chargers, and the Ravens. They stopped all of those teams cold. They forced the Chargers to pass for every play but one in the second half. Tomlison got totally shut down. Barlow and Hurst of the Niners were also shut down. The Ravens put up a lot of points because of some wacky special teams play, but they held Jamal Lewis to about 70 yards and 3.2 yards per carry. They totally shut out Marshall Faulk.

The Broncos have played good passing teams. The Rams, Niners, and the Bills passing games were all shut down. Kirk Warner got 315 yards in the game, but that was off of 32 completions. I'll take that any day. Garcia had about 210 yards on 27 completions, and Bledsoe(who has been lighting up every body) was held to his lowest out put of the year, 270 yards on 27 completions. The Broncos pass D has been taking everything away deep and to the outside. They've forced teams to dump the ball off to the TEs and RBs over the middle. They let teams have that because they know they'll come up and make the hit before the receiver gets the first down.

I'm not giving the Broncos the win, but I'm saying that the Dolphins aren't bringing anything the Broncos haven't already beaten. The Broncos have stopped running and passing teams, the Niners can be considered both. The Broncos have run and passed on good defenses.

Somebody asked if the Broncos had good enough CBs to stop the Dolphins WRs. Well put it this way. No receiver had gone over 100 yards against the Broncos. That list would include Bruce, Holt, Owens, Moulds, and Price. No RB has gone over 100 either. That would include Faulk, Barlow, Hurst, Lewis, and Tomlison. Can you Dolphin fans honestly say the Dolphins are bringing anything better than that? Lets not be homers now.

Back
Top Bottom