Rush to judgment (merged) / Excellent SI Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rush to judgment (merged) / Excellent SI Article

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Rush to judgment

Rush to judgment Don Banks, SI.com
Of all the NFL stories that the media got wrong in its preseason projection mode of a year ago, none received as much saturation coverage as the notion that Miami's acquisition of running back Ricky Williams would put the Dolphins over the top.
a sad analysis of how 2002 sucked for us

If I had to nominate a candidate, I'd close my eyes, cross my fingers and submit Atlanta receiver Peerless Price, traded over from Buffalo. Price walks in the door solving the Falcons' No. 1 receiver problem, and he'll likely post huge numbers with Michael Vick looking for him in every key situation. Price was the right move for the Falcons, even if they did have to somewhat overpay to get him.

and possibly the best synopsis of our 2002 season I have read
But a funny thing happened on the way to those vaunted Roman numerals. Miami's 26th-ranked passing game was just too inconsistent for the Dolphins to overcome, even with their vastly improved running game and outstanding defense. Miami quarterbacks threw 21 interceptions -- only four teams tossed more -- and when the season was on the line, quarterback Jay Fiedler couldn't produce enough to stave off losses at Minnesota and New England. Before that, backup Ray Lucas was abysmal in relief of the injured Fiedler.

Thats just a pile of crap...

I'll tell you the biggest thing the media was wrong about last preaseason... And IT WAS about Ricky Williams... Its the fact that the majority of "Sports Writers" were predicting Ricky to be a head case... an emotionally unstable, underachieveing, locker room cancer... In fact thats what I thought the article was going to be about until I realized it was just another opportunity for a New York Homer "Writer" to take shots and wave the finger of shame at the Dolphins...

Originally posted by dolphan39
and possibly the best synopsis of our 2002 season I have read

And in that synopsis it mentions a quarterback. While in defense of that quarterback, I could point to two things that you WILL remember.

Minnesota-Chris Hovan

New England- Flushed out of the pocket for 7 yards on the third down in the decisive series on downs.

Not supposed to post entire articles as such due to copyright laws and such.

Yeah don't post entire articles. Try and just put the link next time. It saves you time and the mods time.

Where does this guy get his info?? Does he just make it up?? MIAMI QBs THREW 15 INTs LAST SEASON. NOT 21.

And it helps if you read through the board prior to posting because there maybe a discussion already taking place about the article..

:spank:

Miami quarterbacks threw 21 interceptions -- only four teams tossed more

Miami QBs threw 15 total INTs. His numbers are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom