Rush to judgment (merged) / Excellent SI Article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rush to judgment (merged) / Excellent SI Article

Well, let me put my foot in my mouth. I didn't even read the article. I just went straight to our discussion and jumped all over the statistical error. Aside from that error, I feel it was a very good article (once I read it :) ). Not a slight at all.

He's wrong again, on the amount of ints other teams threw, too.. Cincy, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Carolina all did 22, Minnesota 23, Detriot 25, and St. Louis 27.

Well looks like that guy has no knowledge of football, he is just blurting things out.

Originally posted by Muck
Well, let me put my foot in my mouth. I didn't even read the article. I just went straight to our discussion and jumped all over the statistical error. Aside from that error, I feel it was a very good article (once I read it :) ). Not a slight at all.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah man considering the entire article ended up being about how a premo running game and stout defense doesn't get you any guarantees if your passing game isn't up to snuff, you would think that the TWO STATS he uses to support this would be correct at least. He had one of them right, Dolphins did indeed rank 26th in the pass, but he says we threw 21 picks and points out that only 4 teams threw more.

I mean, man doesn't CNNSI have a statboy or editor that checks the statistics in the articles to make sure the writer has it right? Heck man, they've got a stat boy on Pardon the Interruption that checks up on the validity of Tony and Michaels' stats by the end of the half hour show.

I'm gonna have to file away that stat about 7 runs of 30+ yards for Ricky. You just don't find statistics like that without a subscription to STATS Inc.

I wonder how much he gets paid. I'll write better articles if they are willing to give me half of what they are paying him.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
you would think that the TWO STATS he uses to support this would be correct at least.

[sarcasm]
First you want him to write an article and then want the figures and stats to be correct? Sheesh, you just want the world don't you? :tongue:
[/sarcasm]

:D

Aside from the statisctical errors, I thought it was a very good article.

Things certainly rise when she's around.

Yeah I mean the idea of the article is sound about the passing game, at least anyway its a point that I picked up on and have been emphasizing in my writings for FH and Ask the Commish, but still thats pretty darn stupid to put in that the Dolphins tossed 21 team interceptions, with only 4 teams throwing more...when the reality is that the Dolphins tossed 15 team picks, and 8 teams actually tossed more than 21 picks this season.

Back
Top Bottom