Russell Wilson has more game winning drives than losses | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russell Wilson has more game winning drives than losses

Flip makes a real good point about the deep passes. Its all about anticipation. 1/2 of the deep passes completed are just shotgun snap and QB unloading it deep within 2 seconds. You don't have to have great blocking if you have anticiaption by QB. The other half of deep throws are the varitey were the QB runs around buys time and then complete to Wr who had beaten coverage due to qb buying time.

Wilson completed the run around type on 3rd and long to setup fake Fg, then completed the anticiaption type in OT. No blocking needed when you place the ball like that and do it so quickly.

Being lucky alone does not get you to the Superbowl. You have to be in a position to be lucky. You put yourself into the position to reap the benefits of 'being lucky'.

4 of his picks really help that team win the championship game...put any other team in that position...how many win?

4 of his picks really help that team win the championship game...put any other team in that position...how many win?

Miami's D kept you in it against much worse Jet team week 17 of 2013 needing one win to reach playoffs, why couldn't Ryan what Wilson did?

Miami's D kept you in it against much worse Jet team week 17 of 2013 needing one win to reach playoffs, why couldn't Ryan what Wilson did?

Did Tannehill through 4 picks in that game?

Think before you post.

Did Tannehill through 4 picks in that game?

Think before you post.

he threw 3 and his D kept him in the game and it never got close b/c he got outplayed by Geno Smith in the biggest game of his life and you guys will bash Russell Wilson for battling back to help his team to a SB?:lol2:

A lot of teams. Lets not pretend like Rodgers was having an amazing day out there, he was missing wide open guys and threw one ball right to a Seahawk defender when the receiver zigged instead of zagged. That wasn't amazing defense, that was piss poor offense by the Packers.

And, on top of that, the Seahawks D actually blew the lead Russell Wilson got them late in the game.

I went back to look at Wilson's 15 game winning drives. 13 of the 15 involved him leading the team to a TD late in the game or OT. Only 2 were of the FG variety. That is pretty telling. He takes over the game and doesn't settle for FG's.

I went back to look at Wilson's 15 game winning drives. 13 of the 15 involved him leading the team to a TD late in the game or OT. Only 2 were of the FG variety. That is pretty telling. He takes over the game and doesn't settle for FG's.

I wonder how many times since they instituted the new OT rules has a team taken KO and scored on first possession. In 5 career OT games he has gotten the ball first 3 times and led GW TD drives in each. He is 5-0 in OT and one of the other 2 OT games he led GW FG on first possession after opponent failed to score on 1st. Simply amazing.

Let's look at Ryan in OT:

2012: Lost to NY Jets, Got bal needing only FG to win and had Hartline WIDE OPEN for GW TD but of course mr. deep ball underthrew him and set up near 50 yd FG which they missed and Sanchez set his K up for chip shot to win it.
2012: lost at Ari. Got ball needing only FG to win, throws INT to set up GW FG for Ari
2013: beat Cincy 22-20 when DEFENSE recorded safety for the win(after D scored TD to keep game close but I am sure that was all Ryan getting that game to OT).

there's just no comparison btw the 2.

I went back to look at Lynch's 15 game winning drives. 13 of the 15 involved him leading the team to a TD late in the game or OT. Only 2 were of the FG variety. That is pretty telling. He takes over the game and doesn't settle for FG's.

And holy ****, that defense is something.

I went back to look at Lynch's 15 game winning drives. 13 of the 15 involved him leading the team to a TD late in the game or OT. Only 2 were of the FG variety. That is pretty telling. He takes over the game and doesn't settle for FG's.

Nicely played

Scott Kacsmar via twitter is saying that in addition to these 15 game winning drives there have been another 6 where RW3 has given the Hawks the lead and the great Seattle defense has surrendered the lead and they have lost the game.

6 times in 3 years the Seattle defense has failed. Miami's defense has failed in that same situation 7 times over the same period.

But yeah its all the defense and ours is just terrible.

Back
Top Bottom