Russsell is better than Quinn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russsell is better than Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady quinn is a four year starter. I don't know what brady was at michigan but maybe somebody does.

Quinn has four years experience, I know weiss wasn't there the whole time, but I think they had there best record in years under willingham anyway, so enough about weiss. I realize his pro-system argument and I haven't argued that fact.

I argue the fact that quinn has showed me nothing when faced with adverse conditions. He has shown me that he can't overcome a better defense. He has shown me that he can't overcome being pressured.

He has shown me that we damn well better have amazing, and I mean AMAZING talent at every offensive position or he is going to struggle.
this is not my idea of a franchise qb. We aren't always going to have the best of the best at every key position.

Brady quinn is a four year starter. I don't know what brady was at michigan but maybe somebody does.

Quinn has four years experience, I know weiss wasn't there the whole time, but I think they had there best record in years under willingham anyway, so enough about weiss. I realize his pro-system argument and I haven't argued that fact.

I argue the fact that quinn has showed me nothing when faced with adverse conditions. He has shown me that he can't overcome a better defense. He has shown me that he can't overcome being pressured.

He has shown me that we damn well better have amazing, and I mean AMAZING talent at every offensive position or he is going to struggle.
this is not my idea of a franchise qb. We aren't always going to have the best of the best at every key position.

The bold is what people said about Brady.

Maybe you should watch the 2005 game against USC, to see if Brady Quinn can overcome adverse conditions. And it sure looks like he is a pretty good scrambler when put under pressure. There is a difference between being under pressure, and having no chance at all to thro the ball.

Not even close. Quinn won more games in his last 2 years than his first.

I argue the fact that quinn has showed me nothing when faced with adverse conditions. He has shown me that he can't overcome a better defense. He has shown me that he can't overcome being pressured

I'm not sure how you define adverse conditions but rallying his team to victories when losing with under 2 minutes left against Stanford and UCLA shows something. You may not respect Stanford and UCLA as opponents, but down with under 2 minutes left a lot of people would just quit. Orchestrating the largest comeback in school history against MSU is impressive, even if again you dont respect them.

When the other team is far more talented than you are, your odds arent very good. One player, unless he's Jesus, isnt going to take a decent team against great teams and beat them.

He doesnt need a great great team around him to have a chance against better teams (look at USC game last year). He just needs a team that is comparable to the other team, or at the least a defense that wont give up 40 to every good offense they face. No QB should be asked to be perfect in order for his team to win, but that's the pressure ND places on Quinn when they face teams in the top 15 or so.

I mean you think Tom Brady wins those super bowls with a horrible defense helping him out? No, it takes a team, not one player.

Quinn is certainly not above criticism...

The problem is, his performance, mainly against ranked teams, does not merit the first overall selection. His season numbers were good, 289 completions on 467 attempts with 3,426 yards and 37 TD's to only 7 INTs, however all you have to do is breakdown Quinn's numbers versus the cupcakes and the elites and you'll see how he struggles against good teams and pressure. His numbers against Michigan, USC, and LSU were a combined 61-128 for 656 yards with 8 TD's and 5 INTs. That some drop off. Only a 47.7 completion percentage against those elite teams! Now versus the cupcakes it's the numbers you would expect from Quinn with 228-339 with 2,770 yards with 29 TDs and 2 INTs. That's some stat line. The only problem is it was against the Army's, Stanford's, and Air Force's of the college football world. Now let me just get one thing straight here. I do feel Quinn is a first round pick who is guaranteed to be a solid pro, but if you are looking for a franchise quarterback to lead a bad team back to the playoffs Quinn is not your man.

http://www.gbnreport.com/scoutsnotebook.htm

On the day of the big game, Russell came out...surprising enough...the better QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2413fanphins

Maybe you should watch the 2005 game against USC, to see if Brady Quinn can overcome adverse conditions. And it sure looks like he is a pretty good scrambler when put under pressure. There is a difference between being under pressure, and having no chance at all to thro the ball.

IT has been said that you can't judge brady quinn by one game. That is the argument his supporters give, and now you want me to judge him off this one game two years ago. I remember the game for the record, but I remember many others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2413fanphins

It is actually a great thing that you brought this up. the bold is what they said about brady. Remind me again what round tom brady was selected in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2413fanphins [URL]http://images.finheaven.com/forums/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]

IT has been said that you can't judge brady quinn by one game. That is the argument his supporters give, and now you want me to judge him off this one game two years ago. I remember the game for the record, but I remember many others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2413fanphins [URL]http://images.finheaven.com/forums/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]

It is actually a great thing that you brought this up. the bold is what they said about brady. Remind me again what round tom brady was selected in??

They were wrong, just like they are now with Quinn dropping.

Russell will be a bust of all busts, while Quinn just keeps winning.

And for the record, I hate Notre Dame.

If you watched the 2 qbs matched head to head in their bowl game Brady looked lost out there against LSU's defense. Jamarcus Russell looked much better. I wouldn't waste our first round pick on Brady. He isnt worth it. How many big games did he win at Notre Dame ? Don't even say Michigan State because they aren't good enough to be called even a quality win. :rolleyes:

It seems that QB ratings have been all over the place the last few years- Aaron Rodgers free falling from projected #1, Jay Cutler, the Vince Young debate, Matt Leinert. PFT claims that Jamarcus Russell might actually be a 3rd round talent. You be the judge:

RUSSELL TO ROUND THREE?
It's highly unlikely that LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell will drop out of the upper reaches of the NFL draft. But some league insiders regard Russell as a guy who should be taken in the third round of the draft.
Prior to the Sugar Bowl, Russell wasn't widely regarded as a top-five pick. Since shredding the Irish, however, most have presumed that Russell should be the first guy off of the board.
As we've previously written, some scouts regard Russell as another Byron Leftwich: Big arm, limited mobility.
But as we've seen time and again, even if 31 teams don't view a guy as a first-rounder, all it takes is one to say "yes".

Good... if they're wrong we won't have to waste our first pick on quinn.
we can get him in a later round.

which has been my point... he isn't worth a top ten pick.

No it wasn't and will you quit with the Brady comparisons. You're better off switching to Manning comparisons, but Manning still showed more upside than Quinn coming out of college.

POSTED 9:24 p.m. EST; UPDATED 9:58 p.m. EST, February 18, 2007
RUSSELL TO ROUND THREE?
It's highly unlikely that LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell will drop out of the upper reaches of the NFL draft. But some league insiders regard Russell as a guy who should be taken in the third round of the draft.
Prior to the Sugar Bowl, Russell wasn't widely regarded as a top-five pick. Since shredding the Irish, however, most have presumed that Russell should be the first guy off of the board.
As we've previously written, some scouts regard Russell as another Byron Leftwich: Big arm, limited mobility.
But as we've seen time and again, even if 31 teams don't view a guy as a first-rounder, all it takes is one to say "yes".

Quinn is certainly not above criticism...

http://www.gbnreport.com/scoutsnotebook.htm

On the day of the big game, Russell came out...surprising enough...the better QB.

Talk about a short-sighted argument...not something I typically have come to expect out of GBN Report.

They basically took a look at the three most uncompetitive games that Notre Dame played as a team over the last two years, and put the magnifying glass on those three performances.

What would that look like if you did the same for Matt Leinart? Or Jay Cutler? Jamarcus Russell?

Let's take a look at Jamarcus Russell vs. Auburn and Florida in 2006 and Georgia in 2005. These constitute the three most uncompetitive games that LSU has played over the time period.

Russell would be 55 of 95, 617 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTs.

Gee, this is fun. Gotta love tailor-fitting together players' worst games and then magnifying their significance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom