AVG.: .293
HR's: 45
RBI's: 117

clear.gif

Howard MVP update:

BA: .294
HRs: 47
RBI's: 122

My Phil's lost 8-3 to the NY Muts monday. :boohoo: But we acquired Jeff Conine. :tongue:

I don't think he's the MVP just because he's the third-best player in his own division, behind Beltran and Cabrera, and Pujols has a leg up on him.

But boy, that one's a beast. I'm not looking forward to dealing with him for the next 10 years. Although I'd like to see what numbers he'd put up in a real park.

um... no mvp for mr. howard.
nice numbers for a guy on a second place team that is 15 back... wild card is a possiblity for the phils but they got tons of competition.

AirMarino83 said:
um... no mvp for mr. howard.
nice numbers for a guy on a second place team that is 15 back... wild card is a possiblity for the phils but they got tons of competition.
The absolute same can be said for Cabrera.and the Marlins.....not a slight at both of them...they are all SUPER players.

NYPhinFan said:
The absolute same can be said for Cabrera.and the Marlins.....not a slight at both of them...they are all SUPER players.

Yeah, but Cabrera's got much less protection in his lineup, at least on paper. And he's got a great shot at a batting title. Without him, I shudder to think where the Marlins are.

Hey, Howard's an incredible hitter. With all likelihood, Beltran wins the MVP because of his market. Pujols has the star power to beat him, but Cabrera and Howard likely won't crash that party.

BTW, here's Howard's hit chart at CBP this season with his homers marked. I count at least 7 homers to left that aren't in most parks. He's got great, great power and is a behemoth, but he's got a definite home field advantage. Nothing wrong with that or against him, but it's true.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_individual_player_hitting_chart.jsp?playerID=429667&statType=1

It has to be Carlos Beltran. For one, he is killing the baseball. And secondly, he plays on the only team that I consider varsity in a JV league.

I think Howard will get it like when A-Rod got it for hitting over 50 homers, even though his Ranger's finished in last place. I know Pujols and Beltran are the favorites...just hope my Phils make the playoffs.

Roman529 said:
I think Howard will get it like when A-Rod got it for hitting over 50 homers, even though his Ranger's finished in last place. I know Pujols and Beltran are the favorites...just hope my Phils make the playoffs.

He should be a strong in the running, but Beltran just has to many huge hits! And Puljos is carrying the Cards to a division title by himself.

Nothing against Howard, he has killed the Mets this year, you see that shot in the 8th today!:boohoo:

He's got a chance at 60, why not him? If the Phillies win the wildcard he's gotta be considered.

HOWARD HOMERS AGAIN.

Philadelphia 10, Washington 6
Preview - Box Score - Recap
August 30, 2006

AP - Aug 29, 11:13 pm EDT
More Photos
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Ryan Howard isn't ready to be compared to Mike Schmidt, no matter what the record book says.
Howard matched Schmidt's franchise record with his major league-leading 48th home run this season, helping the Philadelphia Phillies to a 10-6 victory over the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night.
"It means a lot, but in my eyes I've still got a lot of work to do to even get on that type of level," Howard said. "Right now as far as the single-season home run thing, it's an honor and it's a cool thing to be a part of."
Howard hit a three-run shot to center field in the sixth inning off reliever Kevin Gryboski, equaling the club mark set by Schmidt in 1980 -- when the Hall of Fame third baseman led the Phillies to their only World Series championship. Howard finished 2-for-3 with two walks. His three RBIs gave him a major league-best 125 for the year.

he gets my vote as well

i mean look at that lineup beltran is hitting in...

Slappy8800 said:
he gets my vote as well

i mean look at that lineup beltran is hitting in...

I don't think we can look at the lineups guys are hitting in atleast this year. Like I do in all NL threads i'll bring up the AL and look at the MVP race which has Morneau with the Twins who I thought I heard have the highest BA in the majors, Jeter who has the great Yankees lineup, Dye who has 4 guys on the team who will hit 30 and probably drive in 100, and Ortiz who has Ramirez. Ortiz maybe out if he is out for an extended period of time. Howard does have J-Roll and Utley who are very good players but he's got a chance to lead the majors in HR and RBI's while hitting a respectable batting average and having the Phillies contend so he's in the running.

Back
Top Bottom