Ryan Howard - the real NL MVP | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Howard - the real NL MVP

Damnnnn, Howard just hit his 53rd homer...Phillies leading 2-1 over Houston.

:tongue:

2-2 in the top of the 10th now, the Phillies again cant seem to hold on to a lead when Howard helps them out. This time i cant blame the bullpen though, Cole Hamels pitched a solid game and they just left him into long. He had a perfect game going through 5.2, and a 1 hitter going late in the game. But i think come the 8th inning you've got to have a good enough bullpen to be able to save the game and the Phillies, without Tom Gordon, just dont have that.

Edit: Chase Utley hit a walk off homer in the bottom of the 10th inning, Phils win 3-2. It also appears Tom Gordon will be ready to go from now on, as he was being warmed up in the bullpen for todays game. Which is great news for the Phils down the stretch.

PhilliePhinatic said:
2-2 in the top of the 10th now, the Phillies again cant seem to hold on to a lead when Howard helps them out. This time i cant blame the bullpen though, Cole Hamels pitched a solid game and they just left him into long. He had a perfect game going through 5.2, and a 1 hitter going late in the game. But i think come the 8th inning you've got to have a good enough bullpen to be able to save the game and the Phillies, without Tom Gordon, just dont have that.

Edit: Chase Utley hit a walk off homer in the bottom of the 10th inning, Phils win 3-2. It also appears Tom Gordon will be ready to go from now on, as he was being warmed up in the bullpen for todays game. Which is great news for the Phils down the stretch.

The Phils can't win it without Gordon....they have a lot of games left against the Marlins who are red hot. Jeff Conine use to always kill the Phils when he was a Marlin. At least he is with the Phils now. Love the WC race. :tongue:

There really should be no more debate as to who's the MVP of the NL. Ryan Howard come on down and collect your 2nd award in as many years. The guy is a monster.

Im not sure I think he is on Steroids....He just looks naturally large, thats not to say he isnt though.

But as of now he has my vote to...not like I actually have one :lol:

Alex44 said:
Im not sure I think he is on Steroids....He just looks naturally large, thats not to say he isnt though.

People are saying if you think he's on steroids you should look at his (twin?) brother who's just as big. It runs in the family genes I guess. Much like David Ortiz, whose father is just as big.

culpepper2chambers said:
yeah i really dont think he is on steriods

but then again i didnt think pujols was..............wat ever happened to that list with 10 plays from jason grimsley

Extremely good question. :confused:

Ryan Howard on steroids? Right. The guy isn't big muscle-wise, he's just big person-wise. He's a monstrously-sized guy who happens to have quick wrists and a great ability to hit the ball about a country mile.

Back
Top Bottom