Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers)

Ok, I was able to get through 6 minutes of it...Does it get any better than the first 6 minutes???? Wow, I was not a fan of this guy before and this video backs why we shouldn't pick him. All I saw was terrible decision making. Yes, he was able to avoid the first guy and was able to scramble outside the tackels but I did not see him follow up once with a completed pass! Did anyone else seee his throwing motion as well. Yeah he has a cannon but he has to load it from below his hips!

No offense but if that's all you saw, I question whether you knew what you were seeing.

Wasnt Henne a Senior and Mallet a freshman?

Ok. So now they are both "men" or "professionals". But they still have a history together where Mallet followed Henne and eventually was pushed out. I would rather bring in a QB that has no history competing with Henne. It's not personal. And the best QB wins the starting job. A free agent would do that. And a hungry rookie in this draft wouldn't back down from Henne either. So I want Miami to get one of those options: a free agent who will have no reservations about pushing Henne off the starting position OR a hungry rookie who won't back off Henne until he wins the starting job.

I don't believe Mallett is that guy. And I believe that it would force Henne passed whatever block he has right now. So it's a winning situation for Miami. Either Henne grows and starts making big throws to win games, or someone else does. And Henne could still be our back-up because he knows the offense.

I hope he somehow falls out of the first 2 rounds and we trade up in the 3rd to get him (assuming we can't acquire an extra 2nd round pick). He's my favorite of the QB's but it sounds like his stock is falling and could be had outside of the first round. Would be quite the steal in the 3rd round.

The reason I'm against it is because these guys already have history competing against each other. Henne won that competition, so why would we think he would beat Henne this time?

Anyone is free to not like Ryan Mallett and/or not like him for Miami. But some of the reasoning behind that is just...wrong. I mean, you're talking about Chad Henne as a senior that had brought the Wolverines to a National Championship Game as a mere freshman, versus Ryan Mallett who was a true freshman. A true freshman versus a 4th year starter that had National Championship Game experience. Really? That's your reasoning? That Ryan Mallett as a true freshman couldn't beat Chad Henne the 4th year starter? Come on, man. You know that's not valid.

And even if he could, would it make the Dolphins better? I think it would bring in more DRAMA. We don't need that

Would it make the Dolphins better to have a better quarterback starting for them? Yeah. Unequivocally better. What's with the give-up mentality? It's like the Dolphins have sucked so bad that you've lost the will to be better, gone all existential on us!

Ok. So now they are both "men" or "professionals". But they still have a history together where Mallet followed Henne and eventually was pushed out. I would rather bring in a QB that has no history competing with Henne. It's not personal. And the best QB wins the starting job. A free agent would do that. And a hungry rookie in this draft wouldn't back down from Henne either. So I want Miami to get one of those options: a free agent who will have no reservations about pushing Henne off the starting position OR a hungry rookie who won't back off Henne until he wins the starting job.

I don't believe Mallett is that guy. And I believe that it would force Henne passed whatever block he has right now. So it's a winning situation for Miami. Either Henne grows and starts making big throws to win games, or someone else does. And Henne could still be our back-up because he knows the offense.

I'm sensing that you don't really know the accurate history between these two players. Ryan Mallett was recruited to Michigan the year Chad Henne was a senior, a 4th year starter that had National Championship Game experience. The idea, and Ryan Mallett knew this when he signed his letter of intent at Michigan, was to sit behind Chad Henne for one year (perhaps as a redshirt) and then when Henne left for the NFL, Mallett could have potentially three or four years of running Michigan's offense.

He was not "pushed out" because of Henne. Henne had absolutely nothing to do with it. Mallett served as Henne's backup in 2007 and even started three games as a true freshman when Henne got hurt, rather than redshirting the year.

Henne graduated, left for the NFL, and then Michigan fired Lloyd Carr and hired Rich Rodriguez. Rich Rodriguez runs the speed option, that's what he ran at West Virginia with Pat White and that's what he intended to bring to Michigan. That offense does not fit Ryan Mallett at all, and that is why Mallett left. It had absolutely nothing to do with Chad Henne, who was already gone to the NFL.

Ok, I was able to get through 6 minutes of it...Does it get any better than the first 6 minutes???? Wow, I was not a fan of this guy before and this video backs why we shouldn't pick him. All I saw was terrible decision making. Yes, he was able to avoid the first guy and was able to scramble outside the tackels but I did not see him follow up once with a completed pass! Did anyone else seee his throwing motion as well. Yeah he has a cannon but he has to load it from below his hips!

So he has to load up to throw 50 yards do tell! Also he hit a lot of receivers right in the hands and completed many passes. His decision making will come and wasn't that bad.

In that video for the record he hit something like 63% of the passes right on the receivers' hands.

No offense but if that's all you saw, I question whether you knew what you were seeing.

None taking. I see what I see and you see what you see. Much like why some teams will pass on him while other will take a chance on him. Honestly I'n on the fence with Mallett. I have not seen anything out there that says "WOW", including this video.

In that video for the record he hit something like 63% of the passes right on the receivers' hands.

saw several that hit defenders right in the hands to. So if you want to count passed dropped by receivers that should have been caught. Should you do the same for interceptions?

Agreed CK.

Mallett is the pick at #15. I really believe it is. The other scenario, which I've said before -- is Andy Reid trades #23 to Miami to grab a lineman that he likes like Carimi, and Miami takes Mallett at #23.

No

Don't try and get "fancy", pick him at #15

take off the fancy shoes and get to work

I don't want anyone trying to "get cute"

I swear, if Marino himself was available, some fans would want us to trade back and hope he was there at #23

Enough of this bulls*!t already, just pick him at 15

Dammit

saw several that hit defenders right in the hands to. So if you want to count passed dropped by receivers that should have been caught. Should you do the same for interceptions?

For the record no there were not "several" dropped interceptions. There was one. There was also a dropped touchdown in the end zone.

EDIT: Not trying to be snippy, but you're not going to know that video better than the person that created the video, that person being me.

Last edited by a moderator:
No

I swear, if Marino himself was available, some fans would want us to trade back and hope he was there at #23

Dammit

God, ain't that the truth.

No

Dammit

I'm fine with that, too.

But the Jags, Pats, Giants, Chargers, Bucs, Chiefs, and Colts are a group of teams that are likely NOT going to draft him.

You are right in the sense that someone else could always trade back into the first and snag him, if that's the way it goes down. I see a lot of activity in the second half of the first round, like a lot of analysts have said.

I personally value your opinion CK more than most analysts.

Most of these guys just go with the flow and don't do nearly as much homework as your group.

Let's grab him at #15.

Back
Top Bottom