Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers)

Jeff Ireland's dream scenario

Trades down with Eagles for NO 23 and still picks Mallet
With his newly acquired second he picks D.J. Williams

Would you love this draft????????

I would love any draft that has us picking Newton, Mallett, or Ponder in round 1. Tired of seeing the most important position on a football team being ignored.

No

Don't try and get "fancy", pick him at #15

take off the fancy shoes and get to work

I don't want anyone trying to "get cute"

I swear, if Marino himself was available, some fans would want us to trade back and hope he was there at #23

Enough of this bulls*!t already, just pick him at 15

Dammit

This is a very good point!! However, hardly anyone in the entire NFL adheres to it.

They always want to play 'Liar's Poker' & gamble to get 'their guy' in the 'consensus group-think slot.'

Rarely ... someone does pick 'their guy' out of thin air ... then they are rediculed & called stupid/crazy.

You'd think since everyone ballyhoos their football smarts, their scouts, & their insider-relationships with college coaches ... they could just PICK THEIR GUY!!

Instead, everyone goes 'group-think' 'best available' ... the safe choice that screams "I"m clueless!!" lol

I just hope someone with the Dolphins ... has QB schmartz ... has gorilla balls ... and has a huge personality, ego, & mouth ... to snatch us a GOOD QB!!

Mallett is very impressive on tape. He can make the throws, read the D, feel pressure and adjust as needed, gun arm, good mechanics....need to take this guy if available.

He looked a tad like Marino in his stance and his release.Hmm.Maybe in time he could be the guy.

The video that Universal Draft put together shows both the positives and negatives of Mallet, unlike most video clips that show only highlights. That 12 minutes reflects far more upside to Mallet then downside. I saw the three games at Michigan his freshman year and recall how impressive he looked. I was quite disappointed that RichRod was hired spelling the end of Mallet at Michigan. It's no coincidence that once he started at Arkansas, they greatly improved as a team.

The Dolphins may be putting up a smoke screen but quite honestly I don't see Mallet getting past #10. With the amount of teams picking in front of Miami that need a QB, it will be nothing short of luck if he makes it to 15. If he does and the Fins pass on him, it will be another wasted opportunity for a shot at a franchise QB.

If the Fins are putting up a smokescreen around this guy, then its a pretty poor one.

We don't really like the kid or his attitude, but we'll still work him out 3,124,476 times. But really we don't like him. Honest.

If the Fins are putting up a smokescreen around this guy, then its a pretty poor one.

We don't really like the kid or his attitude, but we'll still work him out 3,124,476 times. But really we don't like him. Honest.
lol, now that was one of the best quotes i have seen around here in some time.
Chubbs

This is a very good point!! However, hardly anyone in the entire NFL adheres to it.

They always want to play 'Liar's Poker' & gamble to get 'their guy' in the 'consensus group-think slot.'

Rarely ... someone does pick 'their guy' out of thin air ... then they are rediculed & called stupid/crazy.

You'd think since everyone ballyhoos their football smarts, their scouts, & their insider-relationships with college coaches ... they could just PICK THEIR GUY!!

Instead, everyone goes 'group-think' 'best available' ... the safe choice that screams "I"m clueless!!" lol

I just hope someone with the Dolphins ... has QB schmartz ... has gorilla balls ... and has a huge personality, ego, & mouth ... to snatch us a GOOD QB!!

+1

Look at the Jags last year when they took Tyson Alualu. The talking heads could have dropped a duece in their tighty whiteys. Turns out he was a great fit and a heck of a player.

Don't really think Mallett will make it past Washington. Just my opinion, but Shannahan needs a QB now and I think Gabbert and Newton will be gone. Don't think he'll take Locker there, but you never know.

And I do think Mallett will be the best QB in this class by far, won't even be close in my opinion.

lol, now that was one of the best quotes i have seen around here in some time.
Chubbs

I mean, really? Maybe you throw up a smokescreen after interviewing at the combine (common place), going to the pro day (common place), and then doing a private workout with both him and Williams. You can then say, hey we don't really like Mallett we really like Williams. But you don't, after all that, bring him down to Miami by himself and work him out.

Pay not attention to the QB behind the curtain.

Don't really think Mallett will make it past Washington. Just my opinion, but Shannahan needs a QB now and I think Gabbert and Newton will be gone. Don't think he'll take Locker there, but you never know.

And I do think Mallett will be the best QB in this class by far, won't even be close in my opinion.

Mike Shanahan won't take Ryan Mallett. I'm pretty comfortable going on record with that one. It's just not in Shanahan's history, and he does have a pretty established history now of the kinds of quarterbacks he likes. Shanahan would love Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, maybe Jake Locker, maybe even Christian Ponder, but not Ryan Mallett. He likes a guy with a combination of good feet and a big arm. Mallett only has one of those. What you need to be able to do is Shanahan's offense is run the bootleg, and also to be able to sprint out on hand-offs to exchange points that are stretched a little further out than many other offenses would do it. That's a key to Shanahan's zone-based ground game. It's why John Elway was his archetype. It's why when he had the chance he traded for Jake Plummer in Denver, and then drafted Jay Cutler, and then traded for Donovan McNabb in Washington.

Mike Shanahan won't take Ryan Mallett. I'm pretty comfortable going on record with that one. It's just not in Shanahan's history, and he does have a pretty established history now of the kinds of quarterbacks he likes. Shanahan would love Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, maybe Jake Locker, maybe even Christian Ponder, but not Ryan Mallett. He likes a guy with a combination of good feet and a big arm. Mallett only has one of those. What you need to be able to do is Shanahan's offense is run the bootleg, and also to be able to sprint out on hand-offs to exchange points that are stretched a little further out than many other offenses would do it. That's a key to Shanahan's zone-based ground game. It's why John Elway was his archetype. It's why when he had the chance he traded for Jake Plummer in Denver, and then drafted Jay Cutler, and then traded for Donovan McNabb in Washington.

Exactly. I wouldn't be shocked to see Shanahan draft Locker at #10. He's the kind of guy he wants. It'd depend on how much talk there was of Locker going in the 1st, etc. I have this nagging feeling that someone will really overdraft Locker.

yeah... i'm with ck...mallets not a fit for washington...now them trading out to a team who wants a qb in that slot is very very possible...that #10 picks been on sale since the combine evidently

i think if you want to secure yourself ryan mallet if your convinced he's the guy get to #10 by giving washington #15 and #79...they don't have a 3rd i think they'd take it and imo you get to #10 you got yourself ryan mallet

Back
Top Bottom