Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Mallet thrilled with Dolphins workout (Radio interview answers)

shoot...i prefer a ****y qb...give me a guy under center with some fire and swagger

i just think its risky stuff...we'll see...imo once mallet goes along with newton and gabbert there's a considerable drop off...i keep trying to talk myself into christian ponder in the 20's and i just don't see a lot of upside there...solid pro starting qb maybe but franchise caliber??? not sure i see it...and unless i get a guy with top 12 upside and potential i'm not sure i'll ever be satisfied...

there's no question for me mallets a much better prospect and qb than chad henne...he attacks the defense vertically which i have been begging for in miami since marino left it seems none of this dink and dunk crap...if he can protect him he's gonna do damage...its risky to wait on him...

we're starving for a qb around here...lol

I hate gambling with that position but I don't want to be dumb about it either...giving up 3rd round picks when right now there isn't enough intel to make us think Mallett will go before #15. By draft day that could be different. Fact of the matter is I do like Christian Ponder and he would be a worthy pick at #15 and if you get surprised and Minnesota does take Mallett...Ponder will likely be there.

And if you lose out on all of that, you put a full court press on the Carson Palmer option. And if that doesn't pan out, you start making preparations for a trade up in 2012 for a guy like Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, or possibly Ryan Lindley.

to be honest, i'm afraid of Minnesota here. if Mallett makes it past Washington at #10, which i'm expecting him to, i'd certainly think about giving Houston a call.

you're not the only one...they're doing just as much homework on qbs as we are...if not more...no doubt in my mind a qb gets taken by them at worst by the end of round 2

i think what they may pass mallet up for though is if a say robert quinn was to get to #12...imo that may be the route they'd go

you're not the only one...they're doing just as much homework on qbs as we are...if not more...no doubt in my mind a qb gets taken by them at worst by the end of round 2

i think what they may pass mallet up for though is if a say robert quinn was to get to #12...imo that may be the route they'd go

the shooting star that is Robert Quinn's draft stock? forgive me for liking our odds at getting Mallett even LESS now haha. he'd have to fall past some QB-hungry teams and our FO would have to avoid a brain cramp at #15 and actually take him.

I hate gambling with that position but I don't want to be dumb about it either...giving up 3rd round picks when right now there isn't enough intel to make us think Mallett will go before #15. By draft day that could be different. Fact of the matter is I do like Christian Ponder and he would be a worthy pick at #15 and if you get surprised and Minnesota does take Mallett...Ponder will likely be there.

And if you lose out on all of that, you put a full court press on the Carson Palmer option. And if that doesn't pan out, you start making preparations for a trade up in 2012 for a guy like Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, or possibly Ryan Lindley.

i don't feel like ponder as a consolation prize is a good thing...not at #15...but thats just me...he's my 4th qb but its not the same

the shooting star that is Robert Quinn's draft stock? forgive me for liking our odds at getting Mallett even LESS now haha. he'd have to fall past some QB-hungry teams and our FO would have to avoid a brain cramp at #15 and actually take him.

yeah...that guys an awesome prospect...if we couldn't trade out and he was there at #15 and noqb was there to our liking i'd take quinn...even with misi and wake in house...but i love me some robert quinn

yeah...that guys an awesome prospect...if we couldn't trade out and he was there at #15 and noqb was there to our liking i'd take quinn...even with misi and wake in house...but i love me some robert quinn

i actually think it's more likely to have a QB on the board at #15 than Robert Quinn.

depending on what happens at the top, i could see Robert Quinn going as high as 5 or 6

so could i...easy...i'd take him that high no problem if i was looking for either a rush olb or a 4-3 pass rush end...i didn't need a 4.5 40 at his pro day to point his stock arrow up

so could i...easy...i'd take him that high no problem if i was looking for either a rush olb or a 4-3 pass rush end...i didn't need a 4.5 40 at his pro day to point his stock arrow up

i usually don't go by triangle numbers, but in Quinn's case they confirmed he didn't lose any of his athleticim even after a year off.

Back
Top Bottom