Ryan Tannehill One Of The 25 Biggest Cash Payouts In 2018 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill One Of The 25 Biggest Cash Payouts In 2018

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: $17.5 million
6_3612538.jpg

(Photo: Steve Mitchell, USA TODAY Sports)
Details: Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill signed a 4-year, $77 million contract in May of 2015. His total cash payout for 2018 is $17,500,000, according to Spotrac.com.

Expectations: Tannehill is one of the oddest cases on this list, considering he missed all of last season and was basically supplanted as Miami's franchise quarterback by a half-retired Jay Cutler. The Dolphins had been waiting patiently and optimistically for Tannehill's breakout moment to come, but the injury he suffered last year effectively put those hopes on hold. Miami has to dig up those old expectations, dust them off and pray that this gigantic cash payout isn't a total waste.
https://247sports.com/nfl/san-franc...ected-from-each-player-118153379/#118153379_1

Kind of an odd description (supplanted), not sure what they are getting at...it was obvious the team performed worse last season with Cutler at the helm.

If you look at the names above him....the 17 million doesn't seem all that bad.

his pay in 2018 is just about perfect- a good deal for him and good deal for Miami if he returns fully.

If he has the season a lot are expecting, I see a 5-year $110 million contract post-season.

2018 is fine. It's that 2019 cap figure that is going to make a lot of people lose their minds. That'll be fun.

We have no idea what we'r getting. How in the hell is that a bargain?

2018 is fine. It's that 2019 cap figure that is going to make a lot of people lose their minds. That'll be fun.

Sometimes questions can only be answered on the field. I suspect that after the season there will be a lot more clarity about our entire team and it's direction.

Generally, in this league, your either worth a lot more or a lot less than what your actually making. Right now, Ryan Tannehill is perfectly compensated.

Sometimes questions can only be answered on the field. I suspect that after the season there will be a lot more clarity about our entire team and it's direction.

Generally, in this league, your either worth a lot more or a lot less than what your actually making. Right now, Ryan Tannehill is perfectly compensated.

Only to those who haven't already made up their minds one way or the other. At this point the opinions have become linked with the individuals espousing them and it will be difficult to ever . I suspect RT will have a good enough season that we can finally all get behind him but there will always be those that will find enough "evidence" to cling to their own beliefs. Unless we go winless or win the Super Bowl I doubt that this year alone will be enough to change minds for some. For the record I am a Tannehill supporter but I admit I have no way of knowing the future so I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.

You'll get no argument from me. My point is that unless the Dolphins go deep into the playoffs this year, there will be an outcry from the "no more excuses for Tannehill" crowd.

Only to those who haven't already made up their minds one way or the other. At this point the opinions have become linked with the individuals espousing them and it will be difficult to ever . I suspect RT will have a good enough season that we can finally all get behind him but there will always be those that will find enough "evidence" to cling to their own beliefs. Unless we go winless or win the Super Bowl I doubt that this year alone will be enough to change minds for some. For the record I am a Tannehill supporter but I admit I have no way of knowing the future so I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best.

That's a quality post.

Back
Top Bottom