Ryan Tannehill to have reconstructive knee surgery | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill to have reconstructive knee surgery

Just sucks. This season had so much hope going into it. My hopes of 10-6 are now down to an iffy 9-7.

This might pose a good time for the FO to restructure Tanne though. Show him that he is still their guy but shift money around so we have a more favorable cap next year.

Just sucks. This season had so much hope going into it. My hopes of 10-6 are now down to an iffy 9-7.

This might pose a good time for the FO to restructure Tanne though. Show him that he is still their guy but shift money around so we have a more favorable cap next year.
Bro I was thinking about this and I think both sides will see how the season goes first.

With the advancement in the area, it's a shame he didn't get the surgery to begin with. However, no crying over spilled milk. He made his decision and he can only address the future. If Cutler gets us to the playoff and even wins a playoff game, i'm not sure he's going to get his job back.

With the advancement in the area, it's a shame he didn't get the surgery to begin with. However, no crying over spilled milk. He made his decision and he can only address the future. If Cutler gets us to the playoff and even wins a playoff game, i'm not sure he's going to get his job back.
Tanny is the QB going forward, Culter is a one year rental..

The FinHeaven arm chair doctors can rest easy tonight.

All the armchair doctors were right though. As someone who's had similar injuries, rest and rehab is about as intelligent as the anti vaccination crowd. I support tannehill on the field but this bad decision with his body makes me want to move on from after putting up with mediocre production, though mostly not his fault, for five years.

Tanny is the QB going forward, Culter is a one year rental..

Wrong. If cutler tears it up it will be his choice. Tannehill can certainly lose his job im just not expecting it to go that way.

Depends how we win. If it's on the defense and running game then no. If he's throwing 300 a game then yeah.

Apparently Gase was pretty emphatic that he'll be back in 2018.

Which shouldn't be surprising. He's a quality quarterback and you can't just find those on the street. At the very least, he will have a chance to compete for the starting job in 2018..

Vaccines are not what people think they are.
All the armchair doctors were right though. As someone who's had similar injuries, rest and rehab is about as intelligent as the anti vaccination crowd. I support tannehill on the field but this bad decision with his body makes me want to move on from after putting up with mediocre production, though mostly not his fault, for five years.

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase says he’s confident quarterback Ryan Tannehill will be ready for the 2018 season, but 2017 is out.

The Dolphins placed Tannehill on injured reserve Saturday because of his left knee injury, sidelining him for the entire season. Tannehill and the Dolphins decided surgery will be the best option for his torn anterior cruciate ligament.

When asked about his conversation with Tannehill, Gase said: “It was probably tougher for me. It’s more and more real. It’s unfortunate for him. He worked so hard.”

Tannehill’s replacement, Jay Cutler, practiced for the second time Saturday and might play in Thursday’s exhibition game against the Baltimore Ravens.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...-tannehill-injured-reserve-season-over-081217

I still can't get over this surgery wasn't performed at the end of 2016. Sure you can rehab a partially torn ACL and be fine. But it's the type of injury that will come back in 5 years. It wasn't a long term solution, and the Fins should be thinking long term (i.e. 10 years).

I am hopeful that RT and McMillian can return ASAP from their injuries, but according to the fairly recent article below most NFL players coming back from an ACL only come back at about 80% and have shortened careers. If true, it probably affects McMillian more that RT, but never-the-less these things just suck. Feel really bad for them.

http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/

Back
Top Bottom