Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

There is ZERO chance Tannehill will get traded this year...
Next year is another argument.

But giving Cam 7 years to become below average at reading defenses is okay?

Cam probably has had the worst core of WRs since he's been in the league, and until last year he had a slow and washed up J stew at RB. He has been Carolinas whole offense. Greg Olsen didnt become a pro bowl TE until he came to Carolina.

Yes we all know that Newton is inaccurate and maybe the most inconsistent QB but Carolina continues to make playoffs with him and superbowl appearance with Ted Ginn jr. as his number one WR. Ted Ginn also had his best years with Cam.

Cam probably has had the worst core of WRs since he's been in the league, and until last year he had a slow and washed up J stew at RB. He has been Carolinas whole offense. Greg Olsen didnt become a pro bowl TE until he came to Carolina.

Yes we all know that Newton is inaccurate and maybe the most inconsistent QB but Carolina continues to make playoffs with him and superbowl appearance with Ted Ginn jr. as his number one WR. Ted Ginn also had his best years with Cam.

Think what you want. I want my QB to be the best passer on the team, not the best runner.

Where did this notion that Cam can't read defenses come from? If the dude can't read defenses than did he win his MVP purely on instincts and physical prowess?

This doesn't address the reading defenses but otherwise sums up what I think about Newton the passer:

http://www.complex.com/sports/2018/01/cam-newton-is-just-an-average-quarterback

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...franchise-quarterback/?utm_term=.8d0321b8aab3

Blame the offensive line for that decline if you want, but in 2017 the Panthers’ offensive front allowed Newton to be pressured on just 33 percent of his dropbacks, the lowest rate since he entered the league in 2011. That same line was also rated as the 10th best run-blocking unit by the game charters at Pro Football Focus. According to Football Outsiders, Carolina’s offensive line helped convert 72 percent of runs on third or fourth down with two yards or less to go, into a first down or touchdown (fifth-best) while allowing a 19 percent stuff rate (12th-best). In other words, Newton played behind a good line but still managed to produce sub-par results — both through the air and on the ground.

Some will also argue Newton is only one elite receiver away from contending for a Super Bowl again. But even if the franchise does acquire a top-name wideout, Newton doesn’t appear to be able to make it work.

For example, Newton was accurate on 69 percent of his passes in 2017 after accounting for dropped passes, throwaways, spiked balls, batted passes and passes in which he was hit while he threw. Only DeShone Kizer of the Cleveland Browns (66 percent) was worse. In 2016, Newton’s accuracy rate (65 percent) was the worst in the NFL. He’s had just one season, 2013, in which his accuracy rate was in the top half of the league.

Just don't get the love for Cam.

Man thats one thing I wish Tannehill would do more of, RUN! Use that athleticism and 4.6 speed. Especially with a bad o-line, I feel if he ran more DL's would have to be more wary of that and it would slow them down some. It changes the way defenses have to play you and add's another factor for defenses to worry about, as well as opening things up for the offense some.
Now I know this is going to sound like excuse making but, one of the many ways the previous coaching staff screwed Tannehill from the get go is by trying to make him a strickly pocket passer... It's been documented that they coached him to NOT take off, it was literally frowned upon by that regime... I think it's pretty obvious just by watching his handling of the pocket since Gase has been hired...

He is the most inaccurate QB in the league. If he "knows how to win", why does he have 4 seasons below .500 in 7 years (with a good defense).

He might me the most overrated player in the league.
Aside from being a head case and a laptop thief, Newton's skills are over-rated. But then again, as to your argument for some it's always "scoreboard" when it comes to Tannehill, unless it isn't and then it's other BS, but never for Newton- it's the extenuating circumstances LOL

Culpecker is an instructive tale for those who are buying Cam stock. Once the legs go, so goes the strongest part of his game

Some guys are winners and leaders. others blame others for their failures....I see where you stand

The fact that I understand the game, has no bearing on whether Tannehill blames anyone. I can assure you that he doesn't. Luckily that is the job of the coaching staff and they agree with me. Maybe you'd prefer that they take the simplistic view and just blame the QB.

The fact that I understand the game, has no bearing on whether Tannehill blames anyone. I can assure you that he doesn't. Luckily that is the job of the coaching staff and they agree with me. Maybe you'd prefer that they take the simplistic view and just blame the QB

I see blaming others as the simplistic view

This is what I think the Dolphins should do.

1. Fire Gase and hire a new coach and staff
2. Trade Tannehill.
3. Move on from Landry, Suh, James, Kiko, Branch, Pouncey and any player who costs too much against the cap.
4. Draft a QB
5. If he struggles play his backup right away
6. If his backup struggles play the 3rd stringer right away.
7. Hire a new coach and staff.
8. Don't ever, ever pay anyone, keep the best cap situation in the league. Strictly build the team by good drafting and scouting as soon as anyone gets good and commands a big salary let them walk.

If this doesn't work the same plan will hold true for every season until it does. We will probably suck for a long time but at least this website will be happy.
This plan would make us be the Cleveland Browns.

Back
Top Bottom