SABAN CAN "TAME" T.O... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SABAN CAN "TAME" T.O...

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have followed the Terrel Owens saga since his days in S.F. IMO I don't think he has had a coach that embraced his abilities, as well as his competitive fire. Now, I completely agree that Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL, known for his commitment to his players and his team(s). I don't know that T.O. has had an opportunity to be in a system where he would be a co-number 1 receiver. In Philly, he was playing with a team that had alot of talent on offense. But I didn't get the impression that T.O. was necessarily utilized to his potential. I think Coach Saban could mold T.O. into a team player with the right approach, as he did with Ricky Williams, Channing Crowder, Randy McMichael, and let's not forget that one crying Manuel Wright. Saban has turned them into believing that self-acheivment only happens through teamwork. I know Saban has thought about how he would institute an approach to taming Terrel Owens and bringing out his full potential. I see Saban as a guy who leads by example through what his players do on AND off the field.

Note: I remember the subject of reforming Ricky was a concern when news of his return was confirmed. Why couldn't Saban do the same with T.O.? Thoughts from all my beloved Fin Fans would be appreciated...

that picture is disturbing....yet i cant look away......:kisses computer monitor:

seriously i dont think its cool for you to try to go to second base without getting to know me better

ok on topic...i think the only thing that came TO is NO ONE signing him/trading for him

let him sit the year out without any interest....see if he pulls his BS again after that

marino2duper73 said:
I have followed the Terrel Owens saga since his days in S.F. IMO I don't think he has had a coach that embraced his abilities, as well as his competitive fire. Now, I completely agree that Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL, known for his commitment to his players and his team(s). I don't know that T.O. has had an opportunity to be in a system where he would be a co-number 1 receiver. In Philly, he was playing with a team that had alot of talent on offense. But I didn't get the impression that T.O. was necessarily utilized to his potential. I think Coach Saban could mold T.O. into a team player with the right approach, as he did with Ricky Williams, Channing Crowder, Randy McMichael, and let's not forget that one crying Manuel Wright. Saban has turned them into believing that self-acheivment only happens through teamwork. I know Saban has thought about how he would institute an approach to taming Terrel Owens and bringing out his full potential. I see Saban as a guy who leads by example through what his players do on AND off the field.

Note: I remember the subject of reforming Ricky was a concern when news of his return was confirmed. Why couldn't Saban do the same with T.O.? Thoughts from all my beloved Fin Fans would be appreciated...

Ricky Williams was never a locker room problem, but he just beats to a different drum outside of it. Channing Crowder had minor off the field issues in college, and Manny has shown flashes of dominance, but has needed to show more maturity and discipline. I know Randy McMichael has been opinionated in the past, but never anywhere close to how TO can destroy a team chemistry. None of those guys have been major problems in the locker room and to the team. TO will only be happy if he is the #1 go to guy and get's his touches. I don't care how much talent the guy has, the negatives of what he can do to a team outweighs the on the field performance.

TO would not be satisfied with RnR express getting 30 carries combined with CC and McMichael getting there touches. He is a cancer in the locker room and is the exact opposite of the type of player Saban wants on this team.

Back
Top Bottom