Saban Deserves Props!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Deserves Props!!

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about the Phins. I know that Saban will never be Shula, and Culpepper is by no means in the same category as Marino, but doesn't it feel good to have a great coach and an all-pro QB again? We finally have a SB contending team. Even if this year isn't the year, the pieces are coming together nicely.

As far as Saban goes, the man is a winner. Michgan St., LSU, and now the Phins. He gets it done, period.

Lavar will be a Dolphin either tomorro or Saturday..I bet my $$$ on it:D:dolphins:

I mean it could be just PR fluff to appease the fanbase who still isn't satisfied with what has been done with Free Agency (like myself to a small degree). I always want more than the Free Agency dollar will give me so, you know if your the Dolphins you could create a little bit of a PR buzz at this point just to keep people's attention and keep people from being critical and still really keep your CAP numbers low. They probably have no real intention of signing Arrington or Peterson but they do want to maintain an image of aggressive pursuit of talent to make this team better. But you know the coach knows the most or he wouldn't be the coach. So, he's probably just throwing us fans a PR "bone" and letting us chew on it. Truth is he's gonna keep his money in Wayne's pocket and make his current team better through the draft, find some inexpensive upgrades during the remaining FA period and make the players he currently has on staff better. The Dolphins are on the rise make no mistake about it and that does feel good.

I mean it could be just PR fluff to appease the fanbase who still isn't satisfied with what has been done with Free Agency (like myself to a small degree). I always want more than the Free Agency dollar will give me so, you know if your the Dolphins you could create a little bit of a PR buzz at this point just to keep people's attention and keep people from being critical and still really keep you CAP numbers low. They probably have no real intention of signing Arrington or Peterson but they do want to maintain an image of aggressive pursuit of talent to make this team better. But you know the coach knows the most or he wouldn't be the coach. So, he's probably just throwing us fans a PR "bone" and letting us chew on it. Truth is he's gonna keep his money in Wayne's pocket and make his current team better through the draft, find some inexpensive upgrades during the remaining FA period and make the players he currently has on staff better. The Dolphins are on the rise make no mistake about it and that does feel good.

While I do agree that its possible and I'm aware of the fact that that PR "bait" given to the fans to stay interested is somewhat common I hear but IMO Saban is really interested in this one heres my reason!

SABAN DOESNT CARE! lol he doesnt care about PR or media or amy of that!
He could care less...hes not just gonna put on some show and waste time acting like hes interested in Lavar and then Scheduling a visit w/ Julian next week....like you said if that was the case(PR COVER UP) then he wouldnt be spending the money to fly these players in and eating dinner w/ them etc.....
Not sayin you are wrong but Saban doesnt seem to be to much of a PR guy.......

BUT ONCE AGAIN: since i posted again..... PROPS TO SABAN!

He did say that he is going to do everything relative to winning. From a techinical standpoint, focus on the present, rather than the past..and he's showin us that this offseason.

RICKY AND RONNIE FOR 2006

I think Saban has a big plan and it is working as close to exactly as he and Randy Mueller could hope. Now with the credibility they have established thus far in Free Agency they can just spin the PR wheels a little and not really go anywhere. Spending money on a plane ticket costs the Dolphins nothing. Its a minor business expense. The point of keeping us appeased is that it keeps the PR dogs like LeBatard from having grumbling fans willing to read their crap and it keeps the mood on the up and up. Saban is a football guy but he is a bit of a salesman as well and so is Meuller. If they sign Peterson or Arington I will be shocked actually but we shall see. I think its smoke and mirrors but really I'm not complaining. Its been a long time since we looked this balanced on both sides of the ball. We are very competive right now.

if we sign lavar, or peterson i will lose it. and then ill slap myself to see if im dreaming. and finally ill party for 4 weeks straight. and i wont stop the binge untill we win the super bowl, and ill probably continue that binge for a long time after that.

I think Saban has a big plan and it is working as close to exactly as he and Randy Mueller could hope. Now with the credibility they have established thus far in Free Agency they can just spin the PR wheels a little and not really go anywhere. Spending money on a plane ticket costs the Dolphins nothing. Its a minor business expense. The point of keeping us appeased is that it keeps the PR dogs like LeBatard from having grumbling fans willing to read their crap and it keeps the mood on the up and up. Saban is a football guy but he is a bit of a salesman as well and so is Meuller. If they sign Peterson or Arington I will be shocked actually but we shall see. I think its smoke and mirrors but really I'm not complaining. Its been a long time since we looked this balanced on both sides of the ball. We are very competive right now.

Keep up the nice post man I look forward to reading some more of your opions you seem to be pretty knowledgeable not that i agree w/ this certain post but none the less lookin forward to more from ya! And probably buttin heads a few times ;)

if we sign lavar, or peterson i will lose it. and then ill slap myself to see if im dreaming. and finally ill party for 4 weeks straight. and i wont stop the binge untill we win the super bowl, and ill probably continue that binge for a long time after that

Im with you there lol if ALL of that happens I think we'd all be doin a lil partying!

Skeet84 said:
Been giving him props for a long time now and its good to finally have a good coach again!

Same here, Saban's da Man :dolphins: . Hopefully we've got enough cap space to get Peterson :cooldude:

Saban is the best. We are lucky to have him in Miami!!!! The guy has done amazing things for us!

Do you think Saban is producing the type of offseason we expected/needed?

Nope, not what I expected from Saban. As usual, Saban has again outdone all my expectations, But what do you expect, I mean, he IS THE SABIAH, never shall I doubt him.

What I really like about Saban this offseason is that he isnt overpaying for players. Brees and Schaub reportedly cost too much and Saban moved on to Daunte which for the price we payed is an acceptable acquisition. IMO Hodge and Goodman are simply bodies who may not even make the final roster depending on our draft. Shelton by himself doesnt excite me but him under Houck could be a good pickup. Houck is an absolute genius. Renaldo Hill is a very solid pickup as is Peele. If we get Arrington I'm going to do backflips. An Lb crew that includes Thomas, Crowder and Arrington is absolutely frightening

Back
Top Bottom