Saban hints that we'll take Alex Smith at #2? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban hints that we'll take Alex Smith at #2?

SkapePhin said:
Let me get this straight, Saban says he wants to compete this season, so in order to do that, he is going to start a rookie QB who ran primarily out of SHOTGUN throughout his college year to compete this year?

Does. Not. Compute.

No, it doesn't compute, makes no sense. No QB's outside of Rothlisberger and Marino were any good their 1st season.

And another point, "Feeley and Frerotte are finished products and neither is a playmaker" is an absurd statement. How is Feeley a finished product? He's started a handful of games in 2 different offenses. He's just getting started. Now whether he's good enough or not is another debate, but he's all potential right now.

Cannonboy said:
Wasn't a certain Steelers qb a rookie in 2004. He did pretty good if you ask me. No reason Mr Smith could not do the same thing. So if Smith was drafted there is a chance he can start and be pretty darn good.

The reason the Steelers Rookie QB did so well was because they had an excellent running game to keep the defense honest, something we did not have.

Ohio Fanatic said:
No, it doesn't compute, makes no sense. No QB's outside of Rothlisberger and Marino were any good their 1st season.

And another point, "Feeley and Frerotte are finished products and neither is a playmaker" is an absurd statement. How is Feeley a finished product? He's started a handful of games in 2 different offenses. He's just getting started. Now whether he's good enough or not is another debate, but he's all potential right now.

BS!

Marino and Big Ben were the only rook QB's that dominated but that doesnt mean that every other 1st year QB sucked!

Hes 28 and hes all potential?

Thats about as backwards as it gets!:lol:

bdmagnum said:
The reason the Steelers Rookie QB did so well was because they had an excellent running game to keep the defense honest, something we did not have.
was roethlisberger a junior?

looked it up. i think he was a junior. there then.

it would help if smith had lined up under center in a live game.

PHINPHOURLIFE said:
we are rebuilding the offense, why not start with a new QB. Feeley is never gonna be the man we need!

Our o-line, recievers, TEs and QB is intact. How are we rebuilding again?

Shifty187 said:
Hes 28 and hes all potential?

Thats about as backwards as it gets!:lol:

he's all potential, meaning, he hasn't had the reps to show what he can do. nobody said anything about "how much" potential or "potential for how long."
you can't say feeley's a finished product, like him or not.

touborg said:
Our o-line, recievers, TEs and QB is intact. How are we rebuilding again?

by having the same coordinator through camp, i think. that's sorta like rebuilding, isn't it?

DPlus47 said:
by having the same coordinator through camp, i think. that's sorta like rebuilding, isn't it?

Rebuilding is reshuffling your team. All we have reshuffled is our coaches, our onfield talent is intact.

Where is the hint? If I read anything from his hints, it's we will trade down or get a RB. NO #2 QB WILL START THIS YEAR!! So, playmaker rookie boy will be sitting on the bench!!! A RB at #2 will be a starter. Hmmm, let's see, the hint is at RB to me.

bigmiamifan said:
Where is the hint? If I read anything from his hints, it's we will trade down or get a RB. NO #2 QB WILL START THIS YEAR!! So, playmaker rookie boy will be sitting on the bench!!! A RB at #2 will be a starter. Hmmm, let's see, the hint is at RB to me.

this guy is really smart

Cannonboy said:
Wasn't a certain Steelers qb a rookie in 2004. He did pretty good if you ask me. No reason Mr Smith could not do the same thing. So if Smith was drafted there is a chance he can start and be pretty darn good.

Doubtful, but they both share many of the same qualities.

SkapePhin said:
Let me get this straight, Saban says he wants to compete this season, so in order to do that, he is going to start a rookie QB who ran primarily out of SHOTGUN throughout his college year to compete this year?

Does. Not. Compute.

Skape it has nothing to do with this but how long uthink it will take the sig

Sal Lisitano said:
I think you might be right. Plus...I would like to add...our Offensive Coordinator, Linehan...recruited Alex Smith when Linehan was the OC for a college team (which I forgot)...it may have been Utah but I'm not sure...anyway...that's also a reason to suspect that we may take Alex Smith.

Go Fins!!!

Now that's good information there. I did not know that.

Back
Top Bottom