saban in contact with ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

saban in contact with ricky

Brad528 said:
Didnt you guys read the article about how he is doing every thing the Rbs are doing but he is just has to go after practice when everyone else is gone and work with his personal trainer who probaly also attends our practice and takes notes about whats going on.

Must have missed thats..thanks.

Once Ricky and Ronnie are in the backfield, and the Oline continues its improvement.....oh brother.

If this was poker......I AM "ALL IN"

Brad528 said:
Didnt you guys read the article about how he is doing every thing the Rbs are doing but he is just has to go after practice when everyone else is gone and work with his personal trainer who probaly also attends our practice and takes notes about whats going on.

Yeap. I cant wait til Ricky is back. With Ronnie getting comfortable and confident, the two will make an awesome tandem and hard to defend, which will open things up for Gus even more. Our offense hasnt shown this much potential in a long time. Even when Danny was in his prime. Yes I said it. We were one dimensional with Danny, can you imagine what Dan would have done with Ricky and Ronnie? No Gus is nowhere near Dan. No he isnt even close to elite. But it would be like Dan having a Tiki Barber or a Corey Dillon.

Basically, with our scheme, 2 great rbs and a savvy vet qb with good receiving options makes our offense difficult to defend. We will still have gowing pains, but it should still be way more entertaining to watch then what we have see over the last 5 years.

We have to beat buffalo.. By any means necessary.. Going into the tampa game 3 and 1 is paramount.. We can win that game in tampa.. All we have to do is rattle griese.. We all know what happens when you blits his blind side.. For all those who forgot just see the colts game a few years back...

Man you guys are extremists huh?...Settle down. Ricky can talk to anyone on the team, anyone from the NFL, about anything they want to. The only things he can't do is play in a game, or be in the stadium during the game. I think he can practice. He DEFINATELY can hang out the Davie facility all he wants, work out with the guys, watch film, or just be a scumbag around the place..

rickeyrunsover said:
Yes it is true. Ricky is at the Fins complex and works out after the preactice is done with a trainer. During his supension what he is NOT allowed to do is practice with the team, attend any team meetings (with the team) or be on the field game day. He can work out on his own at the complex after the regular practices are over, he can watch gamefilm by himself etc..

Thats correct....Except that ricky is not even allowed in the stadium(in the stands, locker room). But as the team comes in from practice he suits up and goes out. They bought a machine just for him to run through that jabs at the ball.

They allow them to be at the training facility because they can't suspend the player the right to use the medical, and rehab facilities. Thus, he is allowed access.

BringBackShula said:
Man you guys are extremists huh?...Settle down. Ricky can talk to anyone on the team, anyone from the NFL, about anything they want to. The only things he can't do is play in a game, or be in the stadium during the game. I think he can practice. He DEFINATELY can hang out the Davie facility all he wants, work out with the guys, watch film, or just be a scumbag around the place..

He can NOT work out with team or practice with the team. He CAN work out at the facility on his own with a trainer.

hdjetta6316 said:
Thats correct....Except that ricky is not even allowed in the stadium(in the stands, locker room). But as the team comes in from practice he suits up and goes out. They bought a machine just for him to run through that jabs at the ball.

Yeah that is what I meant, should have worded it better, he is not allowed in the stadium at all during gameday.

CsonkaClone said:
There is no need to sneak around guys...Ricky is permitted to work out at the Dolphins facilities with a trainer...All Saban has to do is give the trainer his criteria and plans for Ricky's training while suspended.

Yup, Ricky does his training after the team does theirs. When the field is cleared, that's when Ricky puts on the pads and does his drills. His trainers tells him what he needs to do to keep up when he returns.

greatwade said:
He just isn't allowed to practice.

I believe he is allowed to attend meetings.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But if that is the case, he'll be able to do all the film watching he wants.

I heard the announcers say during the game (they aren't always right as we know) that Ricky can still practice at the team facility...but not when the team is there. So I assume he can see the coaches, but just not with the team.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
CC -

Are you 100% positive? I thought the early articles said he was banished from anything having to do with the team, its facilities, meetings, workout, practices, etc until 4 regular season games have been played by Miami.

P.S. even if this was true, I agree with your no need to sneak around....plus I doubt Saban would look to "sneak or break" any rule. Not worth the risk.

He's just not allowed to train with the team. He's allowed to do his own training at the facility.

I think the thing that he has to catch up on when he returns is his playing shape and game speed. He will have to play his way into these things.

phinphan11 said:
I think the thing that he has to catch up on when he returns is his playing shape and game speed. He will have to play his way into these things.

I'd give him about 2 quarters in a game and he's back to his old self.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
CC -

Are you 100% positive? I thought the early articles said he was banished from anything having to do with the team, its facilities, meetings, workout, practices, etc until 4 regular season games have been played by Miami.

P.S. even if this was true, I agree with your no need to sneak around....plus I doubt Saban would look to "sneak or break" any rule. Not worth the risk.

You are correct about reading the more stringent restrictions on Ricky's contact with the team. That was apparently the rule in the past and in the preseason I posted a link to the CBA that spelled out what a suspended player could and could not do. I can't seem to find that info on the NFLPA site now though, so apparently the rules have changed.
Previously the rule stated that a suspended player could have virtually no contact with his team and that he was not allowed at team facilities except to receive medical treatment...and even then he had to leave as soon as the treatment was completed. No interviews with the team, no meetings, no working with coaches, no use of facilities at any time.
Now, although I can't find the policy stated anywhere it appears the rule is still no team interviews, meetings, or practices, but its OK to work out and practice alone at team facilities. Maybe somebody that is a bit more versed in the CBA than I am can shed some more light on the details, but Ricky is definately allowed to do a lot more than the previous rules would have allowed.

yankeehillbilly said:
You are correct about reading the more stringent restrictions on Ricky's contact with the team. That was apparently the rule in the past and in the preseason I posted a link to the CBA that spelled out what a suspended player could and could not do. I can't seem to find that info on the NFLPA site now though, so apparently the rules have changed.
Previously the rule stated that a suspended player could have virtually no contact with his team and that he was not allowed at team facilities except to receive medical treatment...and even then he had to leave as soon as the treatment was completed. No interviews with the team, no meetings, no working with coaches, no use of facilities at any time.
Now, although I can't find the policy stated anywhere it appears the rule is still no team interviews, meetings, or practices, but its OK to work out and practice alone at team facilities. Maybe somebody that is a bit more versed in the CBA than I am can shed some more light on the details, but Ricky is definately allowed to do a lot more than the previous rules would have allowed.

The rules you quoted are still on the NFLPA site under the Drug Rules. It was the press that reported that the rules were changed and these are the old rules.

B. Suspensions

1. Suspension Procedures.

During any suspension, the player may not participate with his team in any way (including but not limited to joint press conferences with team officials on or off club premises; provided, however, that the suspended player may see his Treating Clinician for treatment purposes on club property but must vacate the premises immediately following termination of the treatment session with the Treating Clinician), and will not receive any pay, including pay for any post-season game that he misses because of his suspension, except as provided by Article XLII, Section 4 of the CBA.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a bye week occurs during a suspension period, the player will receive his compensation for the bye week in equal installments over the remainder of the season after expiration of his suspension for as long as he is under contract with the club that he was under contract with at the time of the commencement of his suspension.

The disciplinary period will begin on the date set in the NFL's notification to the player of his suspension, subject to any appeal.

If there are fewer than the prescribed number of games remaining when the suspension begins, including any post-season games for which the club qualifies, the suspension will continue into the next regular season until the prescribed number of games has been missed.

In all suspensions (other than a banishment imposed pursuant to Stage Three of the Intervention Program), the player shall be eligible to participate in all off-season (not including post-season games) and pre-season team functions, training programs, practices, pre-season games and meetings, up to and including the date of the team's last pre-season game in the next NFL season.

A free agent will serve his suspension as if he had a contract with a Club. The suspension period may be extended if medically necessary, and, if extended, may involve mandatory treatment if required by the Medical Director in his discretion.

http://www.nflpa.org/members/main.asp?subPage=Drug+Policy#impb1

Note that I also made the paragraphs so it is easier to read. :)

Back
Top Bottom