Saban looks to next year (doesn't sound like he's leaving) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban looks to next year (doesn't sound like he's leaving)

After going through what we did with Coach Fran, I almost feel sorry for you guys.

Saban is coming to bama. He has his staff hired and has told WH. This is from a prominent member of Saban's current staff. He's been contacting coaches around the country to gauge their interest for awhile now. Steele at FSU, Stroud formerly at NC State, Clements at Green Bay. Time to accept reality. He is not happy in the NFL.

It's done. Y'all should really be discussing your next coach. This is silly.

note. the 10 year $57m is a bogus rumor. Alabama law requires state employees to have a max of a 7 yr contract.

I'm going to remember this post after Sunday when Saban will most likely reject the offer for good.

The silly part is that nobody has any factual tangible proof to support either thesis.

After going through what we did with Coach Fran, I almost feel sorry for you guys.

Saban is coming to bama. He has his staff hired and has told WH. This is from a prominent member of Saban's current staff. He's been contacting coaches around the country to gauge their interest for awhile now. Steele at FSU, Stroud formerly at NC State, Clements at Green Bay. Time to accept reality. He is not happy in the NFL.

note. the 10 year $57m is a bogus rumor. Alabama law requires state employees to have a max of a 7 yr contract.

Oh man I loved watching you guys lose yesterday. Brought a tear to my eye. :)

Funny, no credible media source, NOT ONE, has taken that "he has hired a staff and already quit" angle and run with it. Odd, seeing as every credible media source has basically done anything they can with this non story.

Why would they pass on gossip like this and continue to run speculation?

I think "Y'all" in 'Bama should STOP reading and listening to the propaganda that "Y'all's" board of trustees is putting out there. They're trying to look good for their boosters, it is as simple as that. They know they can say "we tried to hire the best guy but he turned us down" when they come back in 2 weeks with their 3rd or 4th best candidate.

I will RELISH watching them squirm in the wind after they finally realize Nick is not going to Alabama. I hope they end up with a stiff.

I don't have a fave college team, I watch it only so I can see what is coming to the NFL. I can tell you though, after watching how that "institution" does business, I do have a team I really dislike.

My best guess at this point is Jim Mora jr.

For Saban to leave now he would have to value the additional money (he doesn't need, according to him) over his reputation and his own personal opinion of his behavior. My read is that he doesn't value the money that much.
Jim Mora jr. is a possibilty, for some reason I'm thinking Petrino or Schiano.

bullcrap, you can't prove a word of that

Saban doesnt seem to be saying anything detailed enough to really confirm he's staying. I think it would be unusual and unlikely if he left, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom