Saban not interested in the pros... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban not interested in the pros...

I get out of it that right now his main focus is his LSU team and his responsibility to them and winning a National Championship. He does not actually say that he will never be interested but that he is not interested at this present time as he has a job to do. This could mean that after the National Championship, he might then be interested if the right offer came along. However as I know so little about him I can't honestly say if he would even be a good NFL Coach anyway.

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
I get out of it that right now his main focus is his LSU team and his responsibility to them and winning a National Championship. He does not actually say that he will never be interested but that he is not interested at this present time as he has a job to do. This could mean that after the National Championship, he might then be interested if the right offer came along. However as I know so little about him I can't honestly say if he would even be a good NFL Coach anyway.

Exactly. He isn't going to say a few weeks before the National Championship game that he wants to coach in the NFL. If he wants to coach in the NFL, he will say so after January 4th.

What did I get out of it?

The headline caused the page to get alot of "hits" and CBS sportsline can tell that advertiser in the middle left of the screen how many people saw their ad.

I live in Orange County, CA and I heard on the McDonald Douglas show (espn) that the two coaches that hold miami in high regard are Dennis Green and Nick Saban. damn I wish I could remember who said it! aargh! Oh well, just speculation anywho...:rolleyes:

Nick Saban has ALWAYS been interested in coaching in the NFL.

But until the morning of January 5th, its the furthest thing from his mind, as it should be.

I don't think Saben will leave, he is just starting to build his program at LSU. Also I DON"T WANT DENNY GREEN!!!!!!!!!

Of course "mini Belichick" is interested.

He runs a pro style program at LSU and is a Belichick disciple.

Miami would be very lucky to get Nick Saban. HE is a great coach.

Saban for HC! Fight Belichick with Belichick!

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
I don't think Saben will leave, he is just starting to build his program at LSU. Also I DON"T WANT DENNY GREEN!!!!!!!!!

Like the one he built at Michigan State? Only to leave the second greener pastures presented themselves.

If anyone read this article closely, they'd realize he said he's not interested in the 2 current openings, and most importantly, because he's got the most important game of coaching life ahead of him.

Denny Green is a great option, if and only, if he can find a capable DC.

Saying "I'm not interested" further drives up his price. And I think he's interested in the NFL and us. But that said, I'm sure the NFL is the last thing on his mind right now. He's worked his butt off at LSU to get them to this point. And now he's trying to see it thru.

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan

i say leave lsu and cash in on the "hot coaches" hype...year after year, he's not going to win big in the SEC anyway. that conference is no joke. his value is as high right now as it will ever be, unless he wins the sugar

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically college coaches are like rookie QBs cant win for quite a while. I think he would be great if we intend on rebuilding but we have a small window left to take our shot. I would like Homegrin (sp) or Fassel. They both would help our QB issues.

Fassel...no thanks...he will ruin this team even further!!!

He'll take care of our QB situation...I don't think so!!! Kerry Collins has be getting worse and turns the ball over even more than Jay. The Giants have a lot of talent and under Fassel the G-Men have regressed just like the Fins have with Wanny...so not I don't think that Fassel is the answer.

Back
Top Bottom