Saban not interested in the pros... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban not interested in the pros...

Originally posted by Muck
Saying "I'm not interested" further drives up his price. And I think he's interested in the NFL and us. But that said, I'm sure the NFL is the last thing on his mind right now. He's worked his butt off at LSU to get them to this point. And now he's trying to see it thru.

Precisely, if the guy said "ya I am thinking about coaching in the NFL alot" I wouldn't want the guy. His sole responsibilty right now is to win the national champiosnhip. If it wasn't, I wouldn't want that kinda coach coaching my team.

If LSU was 4-8, it'd be a different story, but then again if they were 4-8, Saban himself wouldn't even be a story.

Wannstedt's not even fired yet, lets wait a few weeks, and oh ya, enjoy the Bowl season.

Isn't ironic Stoops is going against Saban, Stoops all the rage in Miami 2 months ago.

Saban Likes Dolphins Job
Dec. 19th, 2003
Mike Francesa of WFAN is reporting that his sources are telling him that LSU head coach Nick Saben is very happy at LSU and wants to stay there and that the only NFL head coaching job he will consider this offseason will be the Miami Dolphins job if it becomes open.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Fassel...no thanks...he will ruin this team even further!!!

He'll take care of our QB situation...I don't think so!!! Kerry Collins has be getting worse and turns the ball over even more than Jay.

Sean Payton's departure this offseason had a lot to do with that. See how the Quincy Carter made huge strides this year?? Sean Payton became his QB coach.

So I guess the point I'm making is, it's time we get a QB coach back in here. They never replaced Mike Shula. To me, there's no excuse NOT to have one one your coaching staff.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

yeah, just like eli manning was up until last night

unlike Stoops, I still, and always have liked Eli. Eli would be a great concelation prize.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Typically college coaches are like rookie QBs cant win for quite a while. I think he would be great if we intend on rebuilding but we have a small window left to take our shot. I would like Homegrin (sp) or Fassel. They both would help our QB issues.

That is typically the case for college coaches, but I don't think that will happen to Saban. Saban has been an assistant in the NFL under Brian Belichick so he has experience at this level. I think Nick Saban will be an excellent NFL coach.

Originally posted by Stamos

He coached the New England Ravens right?

Stop it! :D

That's an easy one to do. Heck, I almost did it the other week.

ZOD you need to change that sig to "you don't get what you thought you were paying for"

Maybe I'll add something to it like...

You get what you pay for if your scheme isn't a dinosaur....

Nah....It's almost time to change the sig.....Just like it's almost time to change philosophers. :D

Originally posted by BSanders#20
I live in Orange County, CA and I heard on the McDonald Douglas show (espn) that the two coaches that hold miami in high regard are Dennis Green and Nick Saban. damn I wish I could remember who said it! aargh! Oh well, just speculation anywho...:rolleyes:

Where abouts in OC? I'm up in the Anaheim Hills area.

BTW, I honestly think McDonald/Douglass are the worst talk show hosts in SoCal. Try "The Mighty 1090" for that time slot; it's much better. :D Heck, even Crapsaw's better than those two!
:hitself:

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
I get out of it that right now his main focus is his LSU team and his responsibility to them and winning a National Championship. He does not actually say that he will never be interested but that he is not interested at this present time as he has a job to do. This could mean that after the National Championship, he might then be interested if the right offer came along. However as I know so little about him I can't honestly say if he would even be a good NFL Coach anyway.

thats the take i had. i read it today in USA TODAY. I also heard him say in another article that hi sfocus is totally on teh Sugar Bowl. as it should be. come January, we will have a new head coach.

Back
Top Bottom