Saban really doesnt seem to have alot of faith in Feeley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban really doesnt seem to have alot of faith in Feeley

Guys tell me somtin here if Frerrotte wins and plays decent what wiull happen with our Qb of the future Does he sign a free agent next year or does he adress it in the draft?

F150&Dolfan said:
Many of you guys will disagree with me but I really hope Nick doesn't WASTE too much time making this thing an open competition. He need to make his decision quickly and let that guy take most of the snaps in camp. A long drawn out open competition will only be detrimantal to either QB's chemistry with our offensive players. Feeley and Frerotte are probably so close there is no need to waste valuable time.

I will predictably disagree with you. I like that logic in other situations, but this isn't a playoff run year for the Dolphins. It's more important to see if Feeley can be our QB for the next half decade or more than to improve the chances that we get early season wins this year if you ask me.

dominizzo said:
Guys tell me somtin here if Frerrotte wins and plays decent what wiull happen with our Qb of the future Does he sign a free agent next year or does he adress it in the draft?

The draft class is said to be rather thin after Leinert, so I think it more likely we'd end up either taking and developing a 2nd round or lower rookie and/or signing/trading for one of Ramsey, Brees, or Rivers.

chambers84 said:
Feeley sucks and if he gets benched he desrves it.

Wanny, is that you?

Ah yes, Feeley sucks because he tried to run a joke offense.
Because the only way to make plays in this offense is to throw into triple coverage. No hot routes, no audibles, no quality RB, nothing nada zip ziltch zero. It's all AJ's fault :shakeno:

Give him an offense that he has a chance to succed with before we judge him please.

He said Frerotte has a bit of an advantage... We all knew that already. He's been in the league for 12 years and he knows our Offensive Coordinator's (Scott Linehan) system. I'm not surprised to hear this... We don't know who the starting QB is going to be yet until the end of training camp/pre-season.

Jimmy James said:
I will predictably disagree with you. I like that logic in other situations, but this isn't a playoff run year for the Dolphins. It's more important to see if Feeley can be our QB for the next half decade or more than to improve the chances that we get early season wins this year if you ask me.

Maybe, but in today's NFL I think you have to always play like your a contender becasue you never know. If Feeley really is the future he should be light years better than Frerotte and it should be a short competition anyway. If he's not, we should probably look for a new QB. If Feeley shows more talentwise but Frerotte performs better because he knows the system then I agree we should give Feeley a chance. AJ better have been working his tail off this off season.

Poor Feeley, first called Fiedler accidentally by Saban, and now this. Feeley's got more talent but I hope that's enough to win the starting job. Frerotte as starting QB makes me shiver.

F150&Dolfan said:
Maybe, but in today's NFL I think you have to always play like your a contender becasue you never know. If Feeley really is the future he should be light years better than Frerotte and it should be a short competition anyway. If he's not, we should probably look for a new QB. If Feeley shows more talentwise but Frerotte performs better because he knows the system then I agree we should give Feeley a chance. AJ better have been working his tail off this off season.

I agree with your first statement. I don't think it follows that you have to ignore long term strategic decisions in favor of doing things that might give you a slightly better chance of winning now, though. For instance, Surtain probably wasn't as good a CB as Buckley was when he took over Buckley's job. That experience helped turn him into the CB he is now, though. It helped the team and didn't hurt the present efforts too badly.

I think Nick will be mindful of the various priorities he has in conducting this competition. If it seems likely nothing is going to change giving them more time, it will be a short one. The team really has to get this right, though.

dominizzo said:
Tedford qbs arent good from wat i hear and feeley was a oregon duck

Yes but never played in that system as much as the others, cause of the injury :) I don't look too far into the Tedford thing.

Maybe Linehan can mold him, you never know. Time will tell though.

Jimmy James said:
Good.

The time for having faith in players is over. This team is turning over a new leaf. Produce or see somebody else take your job.

I'll be happy if AJ wins, but I'll be fine with Gus winning if that's the way it works out. The same goes for pretty much every battle we're sure to see in camp.

Now that is what you call hitting the nail on the head.

Back
Top Bottom