Saban really doesnt seem to have alot of faith in Feeley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban really doesnt seem to have alot of faith in Feeley

painnotpleasure said:
He said Frerotte has a bit of advantage... We all knew that already. He's been in the league for 12 years and he knows our Offensive Coordinator's (Scott Linehan) system. I'm not surprised to hear this... We don't know who the starting QB is going to be yet until the end of training camp/pre-season.
I agree. Same "news", different day.

sports24/7 said:
In the article about Ricky coming back in the Sun-Sentinel Saban is quoted as saying the QB position will go to whoever plays the best, but that Frerotte has a little bit of an advantage. From what I have seen it really doesnt seem like he has alot of faith in Feeley by things he said and his interest in Alex Smith. Making this an open competition really seems like Frerotte would be the guy considering Feeley struggled to learn a new system last year, and is not known as a good practice player. Now all of you Feeley supporters don't jump all over me. I hope Feeley wins the job and does great, but to me it doesnt look promising.

I think you're looking a little too much into the statement. He's just stating the obvious, of course Frerotte has an advantage he knows the system. As for Smith if there is an exceptional QB in the draft you have to take him if you can no matter how much faith you have in who you already have on your roster.

Start the BEST QB. I think we're all for that.

Any questions?

sports24/7 said:
In the article about Ricky coming back in the Sun-Sentinel Saban is quoted as saying the QB position will go to whoever plays the best, but that Frerotte has a little bit of an advantage. From what I have seen it really doesnt seem like he has alot of faith in Feeley by things he said and his interest in Alex Smith. Making this an open competition really seems like Frerotte would be the guy considering Feeley struggled to learn a new system last year, and is not known as a good practice player. Now all of you Feeley supporters don't jump all over me. I hope Feeley wins the job and does great, but to me it doesnt look promising.

Saban is saying EXACTLY what the under achieving FEELEY needs to hear. No you will not be coddled. No you will not be brought along slowly. No you will not be protected.

If you can't play better than the other guy and the other guy has more experience as a starter, then just like with FIEDLER you'll sit and FRERROTTE will start.

Get used to it.

You either go out there and play like an NFL starter or you'll sit.

Any questions?

Gitrdone said:
It's not a Faith thing. He will start whoever is better. Gus has a slight advantage of knowing the offensive sceme. With hard work Feeley can make up that difference.

Feeley struggled to learn the system we had last year? What System? It was a joke and Feeley knew it was. The old call a play and run it no matter what is just bad.

Whoever wins the QB battle will have earned it, that's the way it should be. Start the best player you can, thats how you win.

Its on AJ to show he has made the difference, hope he is watching a lot of tape.

:yeahthat:

Our last coach had faith in his guy...and that was a grand success!

razorphin said:
Our last coach had faith in his guy...and that was a grand success!

I don't think you can say Wanny had faith in Feeley. Maybe you can say that about Bates. But Bates had ZIP to do with bringing Feeley here. I'm not even sure Wanny did.

I really wish people would quit making the statement that Feeley struggled at learning the new offense last season. Come on, guys! Have you not listened to the offensive players? The coaches didn't even know the offense. It was a complete cluster **** from the beginning.

The ONLY thing I've heard about Feeley is that he isn't a great practice player. IMO, Nick Saban will attempt to get Feeley to become a better practice player. Typically, the better you practice, the better you will play during game time.

I still believe that Frerotte is a fall back option only, and if he wins the job, it will be because Feeley lost it, IMO.

You know I read the same article. I had no idea Saban didn't have faith in Feeley after I read it. Thank God for this thread. I just thought that maybe Saban was just stating the obvious again saying Gus has an slight advatage b/c he knows Linehans system. Amazing how wrong I was.

KB21 said:
I really wish people would quit making the statement that Feeley struggled at learning the new offense last season. Come on, guys! Have you not listened to the offensive players? The coaches didn't even know the offense. It was a complete cluster **** from the beginning.

The ONLY thing I've heard about Feeley is that he isn't a great practice player. IMO, Nick Saban will attempt to get Feeley to become a better practice player. Typically, the better you practice, the better you will play during game time.

I still believe that Frerotte is a fall back option only, and if he wins the job, it will be because Feeley lost it, IMO.

KB you can say it, write it, and even scream it from a mountain top and the "Feeley sucks" gang will not get it.
I agree with Jimmy James as well, if Feeley can't beat out Gus than so be it, I'll be disappointed that the investment in Feeley didn't work out and the search will continue but that's football folks. :)

KB21 said:

That makes sense to me. I also think if Feeley doesn't keep the job, that Saban will draft a QB next year to groom.

Hellion said:
KB you can say it, write it, and even scream it from a mountain top and the "Feeley sucks" gang will not get it.
I agree with Jimmy James as well, if Feeley can't beat out Gus than so be it, I'll be disappointed that the investment in Feeley didn't work out and the search will continue but that's football folks. :)

I agree. We can't travel back in time and recoup that second round pick. The only thing left to (constructive wise) is to hope that he becomes a good QB., but if not, just move on.

Back
Top Bottom