Saban: Still No Discount for Surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban: Still No Discount for Surtain

FuturePhin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ya. Deff. good to see him holding his ground. Now lets hope the Surtain trades heat up. Im really getting tired of KC insulting us.

Sgt.FinFan

Starter
Reaction score
Since Saban is unlikely to sign big FA deals next year, Surtain leaving would net Miami a #3 comp pick in 2007. So why deal for less ? I like he's sticking to his guns. Nobody ever gave Miami a player at a discount.

Awsi Dooger

Club Member
Reaction score
That's just it, the overwhelming majority of coaches WOULDN'T collapse. Our immediate point of reference is Rick Spielman, who mastered the combo of collapsing and no clue of value. Let's not stick a wreath on Saban's head simply because he's galaxies superior to Spielman.

Sgt.FinFan

Starter
Reaction score
Awsi Dooger said:
That's just it, the overwhelming majority of coaches WOULDN'T collapse. Our immediate point of reference is Rick Spielman, who mastered the combo of collapsing and no clue of value. Let's not stick a wreath on Saban simply because he's galaxies superior to Spielman.

No wreath. I think he should get a gold star and a plaque.

Dubfire

Deep Dish Fan
Reaction score
Sgt.FinFan said:
No wreath. I think he should get a gold star and a plaque.

At the very least, a bobble-head doll in his likeness. Be serious, how many in here would just love a Nick Saban bobblehead doll for their office or home? I would!! :D

Aqua and Orange

Poster With A Porpoise
Club Member
Reaction score
I am glad we are sticking to our guns here, especially before the draft. We are going to need to look strong and like a new team that wont easily be swayed if we are going to have suitors for the tradedown take us seriously.

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Awsi Dooger said:
That's just it, the overwhelming majority of coaches WOULDN'T collapse. Our immediate point of reference is Rick Spielman, who mastered the combo of collapsing and no clue of value. Let's not stick a wreath on Saban's head simply because he's galaxies superior to Spielman.

I agree. Wanny/Speilman brainwashed us. I feel violated. :foundout:

Sarcastro

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't see why "tough SOB" Carl Peterson just doesn't pull the trigger on this deal for a 2nd. He won't lose any face by trading a 2nd for a Pro Bowl corner.

Sgt.FinFan

Starter
Reaction score
Sarcastro said:
I don't see why "tough SOB" Carl Peterson just doesn't pool on the trigger on this deal for a 2nd. He won't lose any face by trading a 2nd for a Pro Bowl corner.

Because he stinks as a GM. He makes Spielman look, well I can't
go that far... .

Top Bottom