“sacrificing Stats For Wins” | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“sacrificing Stats For Wins”

It means he didn't know what to answer. Like Donnie in "The Big Lebowski," he was out of his element.

Seriously, I watched that press conference. Gase looked like Rev. Jim on the episode of "Taxi" where he was in college and ate the drug-laced cookies for the first time.

Keeping your horses in the stables will help that too.

Gase plays for third and manageable, thats his credo.

If we got a penalty or negative play, he pretty much gave up on the drive and punted. The guy played scared.
He didn’t trust his QB or his team. And probably vice versa by the end.

Makes perfect sense to me...

When I say, "No horses," I mean no Pro Bowlers or All Pros. This team wasnt minus "talent" at WR, RB, OL...to a lesser extent.
This team wasnt minus talent at WR? OL?

Once Wilson and Grant went down they were a bottom 10% in WR talent in the league. Even WITH those guys their talent was middling at best.

OL? Seriously? One good player among five.

RB? Decent. Middling. Gore and Grant and Ballage. This is 50th percentile talent.

We can go through the other positional groups as well.

Once Wilson and Grant went down they were a bottom 10% in WR talent in the league. Even WITH those guys their talent was middling at best.

RB? Decent. Middling. Gore and Grant and Ballage. This is 50th percentile talent.

He dug that hole himself bro. You know that.

Once Wilson and Grant (LOL!!!) went down, we were left with a sh*t -for brains QB. Parker is as good as Grant and I'll place Stills (stretch the defense) in the same category as Wilson (a fast Landry).

The o-line was good enough at Tackle (Tunsil 70.4 PFF and James 70.8 PFF) +and the replacement centers were as good as Kilgore. The narrative that Tunsil was the only "good" player on the o-line must have been started by the same people who swore up and down that Tannehill was a good QB.

I won't argue the RBs because I was never sold on Drake when the Ajayi situation went down.

I'll stand on my statement that this team isn't bereft of talent. Go through the rest of the units (ST, d-line, LB, secondary). I'll wait.

The notion of Gase taking the high road rather than throwing any team personnel under the bus seems noble at first glance.

However considering it was he who wielded total control over the roster and among other dubious decisions was on record as minimizing the importance of the OG positions, Gase trying to blame anyone else would boomerang right back to impugn his own major culpability in having to "forego stats!"

Unfair to say he had complete control - I hardly believe he wanted to extend players like Reshad Jones or Suh - he isn't the guy who put the team into cap hell.

Again, I hate that I have to defend him, but we have had bad depth, we have had a lack of talent, and that has less to do with him than the rest of the front office. Was he perfect? Hell no, but I definitely don't blame him for the front offices inabilities.

Our depth has been horrible for a very long time, for a very long time before Gase. He was noble. He could have thrown the front office under the bus but he actually was classy about it.

Just my take on things. No sour grapes coming from him.

In all seriousness, I don’t know what this means. Anyone “get it” or have any insight into what Gase meant?

I’m still scratching my head.
You could always tell he never Coached to win...why not? Baffles me
His team could be down 42-0 in 3rd and Gase is punting and kicking FG's but NEVER going for it on 4th like the game will last forever and acting like he still has "time" to orchestrate a comeback.

How intelligent do you have be to figure out if the other team is scoring 7 every possession and you are kicking fg's every possession (If your lucky) eventually that math does not work in your favor?
Please hire me Mr Ross...Fins may lose but I can assure you I will know when its time to start gambling because the writing is on the wall unlike brother Gase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom