SAD: 1981 AFC Playoff Fins vs. Chargers now airing on NFLN........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SAD: 1981 AFC Playoff Fins vs. Chargers now airing on NFLN........

The classic Dallas vs San Fran game on Fox now. Deon Sanders on San Fran. I love me Some Madden, but after years of him saying he ran for 10 yards means he ran for 10 years, yeah not so much lol.

We left Coral Springs with 2 cases of beer in a cooler and no tickets.
We bought them at the I95 exit while waiting to exit.
Parked on a yard near the stadium for 5.00
The seats were west endzone and obstructed view.
We ended up moving lower in the bowl and found 3 seats in the NW corner.
The game was amazing. If we made another field goal, it would have been legendary.
WoodStrock!

Came away with a ton of respect for Winslow

The guy was exhausted but left everything on the field.

What a game.

Came away with a ton of respect for Winslow

The guy was exhausted but left everything on the field.
He was amazing how he kept coming back into the game after cramping up repeatedly. Joiner and Chandler went off too. SD never missed a beat that year when they traded for Wes Chandler after John Jefferson held out and was shipped off to GB. I liked those Air Coryell teams...just not that day!

I went to a game during the Sporano years when Ricky was running the ball for us - it must have been post CFL hiatus. Game was against Tampa and Winslow Jr was playing. We had great seats in about the 3rd row - trouble was I couldn’t see over the guy right in front of me - he was so damn tall. The game ended and Winslow Jr comes jogging toward where we were sitting. The dude in front of me stands up - all 6’8” of him and I realize it’s Kellen Sr having a moment w his son. I wanted to talk to him but figured I’d leave him alone so never said anything. He was a beast and possibly the best TE to ever play. He, Ozzie Newsome and Gronk are probably the 3 best I’ve ever seen IMO.

I went to a game during the Sporano years when Ricky was running the ball for us - it must have been post CFL hiatus. Game was against Tampa and Winslow Jr was playing. We had great seats in about the 3rd row - trouble was I couldn’t see over the guy right in front of me - he was so damn tall. The game ended and Winslow Jr comes jogging toward where we were sitting. The dude in front of me stands up - all 6’8” of him and I realize it’s Kellen Sr having a moment w his son. I wanted to talk to him but figured I’d leave him alone so never said anything. He was a beast and possibly the best TE to ever play. He, Ozzie Newsome and Gronk are probably the 3 best I’ve ever seen IMO.

I would add Keith Jackson to that list.
Maybe not at KWs level, but he is up there

He was amazing how he kept coming back into the game after cramping up repeatedly. Joiner and Chandler went off too. SD never missed a beat that year when they traded for Wes Chandler after John Jefferson held out and was shipped off to GB. I liked those Air Coryell teams...just not that day!
Jefferson was not the same on GB. Very weird as he was so dynamic on SD.

Back
Top Bottom