Sad, but true. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sad, but true.

Makes ya wonder if DW is the coach for this team. He is a great guy but I wonder if he is the coach to take us to the next level. It is one thing to be well liked but the article is right. All these years we kept saying "if we only had a great "D", "if we only had a great back", " if we only could stay healthy. Well we had all of those things last year and we didnt even make the playoffs.
I hate to agree with the article but man it IS something to think about.:badpc:

We know everything in that article all too well. We don't need to be reminded of it. This is football. And it's fun to hope and anticipate. So I tend to disregard articles like that one regardless of the validity of the points it makes.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
Makes ya wonder if DW is the coach for this team. He is a great guy but I wonder if he is the coach to take us to the next level. It is one thing to be well liked but the article is right. All these years we kept saying "if we only had a great "D", "if we only had a great back", " if we only could stay healthy. Well we had all of those things last year and we didnt even make the playoffs.

Wanny is not the guy to take us to he next level. But alltogether, I still bite my lip and hope we can get there this year with him. I don't like to speak out against him or Fiedler because thats too much negativity. But Dan Le Batard, a highly acclaimed and well-known sports analyst bring it out, he doesn't care. While reading this article, I started to think he's too much against the Fins, but he's only saying facts if you think about. The bottom line is if we finally have great players on all sides, why aren't we going all the way (w/o bringing up the same lame excuse like Lucas)?

But it's also healthy to have a realistic veiw too. Balance, not too high and not too low, Articles like that helps keeps you balance. A good read from our past, how does it transcend to our future is yet to be seen. So at this point, I'm optimissic that the new depth could be the missing pieces to get us to the SB promise land. New faces alway encourage me. They're help we didn't have last year.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38

How did that article point you to Wanny as the problem..Look deeper, he don't play on one play on the field..Look at your players, stop passing the buck to the coaches who stand on the sidelines. The coaches defintely prepares this team to win each week. They, the players, have to execute on the field. PERIOD

Originally posted by Dolfan02

Wanny is not the guy to take us to he next level. But alltogether, I still bite my lip and hope we can get there this year with him. I don't like to speak out against him or Fiedler because thats too much negativity. But Dan Le Batard, a highly acclaimed and well-known sports analyst bring it out, he doesn't care. While reading this article, I started to think he's too much against the Fins, but he's only saying facts if you think about. The bottom line is if we finally have great players on all sides, why aren't we going all the way (w/o bringing up the same lame excuse like Lucas)?

I agree with you on this. I don't think Dave is the man, but I guess deep down inside, I want this team to win a superbowl this year. Thus, Dave is the guy for this year :lol:

Originally posted by Emskirch

I agree with you on this. I don't think Dave is the man, but I guess deep down inside, I want this team to win a superbowl this year. Thus, Dave is the guy for this year :lol:

You "guess" deep down inside you want this team to win a SB? :eek: :fire:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

How did that article point you to Wanny as the problem..Look deeper, he don't play on one play on the field..Look at your players, stop passing the buck to the coaches who stand on the sidelines. The coaches defintely prepares this team to win each week. They, the players, have to execute on the field. PERIOD

SO I guess you'll tell me John Gruden had nothing to do with the Bucs going to their first SuperBowl and winning it in his FIRST YEAR as coach? I mean, all he did was take the previous coach's (Tony Dungy) bucs team to their first SB, what Dungy couldn't do for 6 years, 4 of the years with the same defensive players as now. Dude, a real good coach with a firey attitude and gameplan goes a very very long way.

Something to think about

Originally posted by Dolfan02

I mean, all he did was take the previous coach's (Tony Dungy) bucs team to their first SB, what Dungy couldn't do for 6 years, 4 of the years with the same defensive players as now.

...and a different QB...and a couple of WRs .. and a new RB... and....

Heck! Since I have been a "Lifer" Miami Dolphin fan. I always set my expectations high, thinking they will go to the SuperBowl. But usually as the season progresses, reality steps in, then I start muttering what if, could of, should of, would of, excuses. But hey it does not cost anything to set your expectations a little high.

I do know this--Through their history, the Dolphins have been one of the more consistent teams around, and thus as long as that continues, they always stand a better chance than most other teams to make it all the way.

Le Betard fails to mention our new signings and the fact that our only downfall is that we can't win away games in December. Even with Lucas, our record not counting December away games last year was 9-4. If we can win away games at the end this year, this team can go very far.

Back
Top Bottom