Salary Cap-must read | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap-must read

38 Million in Cap Space.. 47 if we were to cut Matt Moore and Dmitri Patterson

That's not a bad cap situation.

The worst contracts are Wallace, Ellerbe, then Wheeler. Matt Moore and Dmitri Patterson could be cut, they would save us 9 Million.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

but other then that not bad at all

We're in great cap shape. We are basically stuck with one of Wheeler/Ellerbe for next year, and obviously Mike Wallace.

Other than that, great cap shape. The Misi and Jones contracts suck, but credit to Aponte, we have escape hatches built into all of these deals after year two.

I would cut or possibly trade Moore and resign Patterson. Our 2013 drafted CB's have not done anything. I doubt will will be able to address the CB position this year because of the oline and LB's.
I see us going into 2014 with Grimes, Carroll, and Patterson. Give the draft picks another year to prove themselves.
This is a great cap situation for the new GM.

We're in great cap shape. We are basically stuck with one of Wheeler/Ellerbe for next year, and obviously Mike Wallace.

Other than that, great cap shape. The Misi and Jones contracts suck, but credit to Aponte, we have escape hatches built into all of these deals after year two.

RJ's is terrible, and Misi's is bad too. Misi is an above average SAM linebacker. His cap number should never go over 3M. RJ played like a 7-8M dollar safety last year but compare that to this year and 2010 and 2011 and that contract is dreadful. That's why you don't overpay players with one big year.

I've been shouting from the rooftops we'd be in great cap shape this offseason...which is precisely why I felt Ireland squandered such a great opportunity this past season, one or two players could have made a huge difference. Ireland did improve quite a bit the past few seasons and hopefully that'll carry over to the new regime but his lack of foresight is what did him in. And foresight is the one thing GMs are supposed to be great at.

I'm not sure what his master plan was but I think its obvious he was saving that money for something, too bad (for him) he's not gonna be the one that gets to spend it. There's an expression in the poker world called "fancy play syndrome", well Ireland was riddled with it. Sometimes when you try too hard to outmaneuver your peers you just end up outplaying yourself.

I've been shouting from the rooftops we'd be in great cap shape this offseason...which is precisely why I felt Ireland squandered such a great opportunity this past season, one or two players could have made a huge difference. Ireland did improve quite a bit the past few seasons and hopefully that'll carry over to the new regime but his lack of foresight is what did him in. And foresight is the one thing GMs are supposed to be great at.

I'm not sure what his master plan was but I think its obvious he was saving that money for something, too bad (for him) he's not gonna be the one that gets to spend it. There's an expression in the poker world called "fancy play syndrome", well Ireland was riddled with it. Sometimes when you try too hard to outmaneuver your peers you just end up outplaying yourself.

I feel like his 6 years in Miami can be defined as "he thought he was smarter everyone"

38 Million in Cap Space.. 47 if we were to cut Matt Moore and Dmitri Patterson

I doubt that we cut or trade Moore. Decent backup QBs are hard to come by. Plus Moore and Tannehill have a great working relationship.
Patterson I agree could be a goner.

Overall we look pretty decent. We are not in dire straights to watch the cap. I probably could see some restructuring.

Grimes is a must sign.

Aponte did a great job with the cap. wheeler and ellerbes contract and cap hit makes me sick.

Yeah but a punter who played a key role in pinning back the opposition so many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst contracts are Wallace, Ellerbe, then Wheeler. Matt Moore and Dmitri Patterson could be cut, they would save us 9 Million.

but other then that not bad at all

we could give Wallace an extention because he has done got the biggest part of his money guaranteed in his first year and with him agreeing to redo his contract which would help Both Wallace and Miami we could have quite a bit more , say around 7-8 mil added to our cap , and tying Wallace up until 2014. along with some other tweaks , we could have roughly close to 50 mil to play with if we can redo a couple of players and let the ones we really dont need such as Wheeler and maybe a couple more .we could be sitten jake if the New GM uses his head .

Ellerbe was the mvp of that defense for the Ravens just last year. maybe we should see how we utilize him first

Back
Top Bottom