Salary Cap-must read | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap-must read

I would like to keep Moore but not at $5.5 mill. Restructure or buh-bye.

Moore's had chances to leave and is still here. I really don't think will be a problem. I think Year 2 of his deal was just for show and to help him have a competitive figure if he left this year. Realistically, I'd say he will restructure and eventually the yearly cost of having him will be in the $2 - $3M range or thereabouts.

I don't think he is the money hungry kind. And I think he likes it here.

One can hope.

Offer me $2 - $3M to hold a clipboard, throw around a football, not get injured or tackled and watch film all day.... promise I won't leave. :)

Moore's had chances to leave and is still here. I really don't think will be a problem. I think Year 2 of his deal was just for show and to help him have a competitive figure if he left this year. Realistically, I'd say he will restructure and eventually the yearly cost of having him will be in the $2 - $3M range or thereabouts.

I don't think he is the money hungry kind. And I think he likes it here.

One can hope.

Offer me $2 - $3M to hold a clipboard, throw around a football, not get injured or tackled and watch film all day.... promise I won't leave. :)

$2mil is totally fair for a backup QB like Moore. So is a good mid round draft pick. I'm fine either way

even with a restructure i think there's better ways to allocate the $3 million he would likely command as a backup if he came back...i would let him walk...tannehill gets hurt we're done anyways...just like just about every team

As far as iam concerned everybody except moore can go.You can't find a good backup that easy nowadays..

As we discussed before, we are in GREAT cap condition, and could end up with over $50M. Perfect time for a new GM to do whatever he wants to do. Grimes may have to be franchised for around $11M but, we're still more than fine. Tannehill has a great relationship with Moore, and that's enough for me to keep him OF it helps RT get to the next level.

Remember also that FA contracts are low for the first year, and the cap will be rising with the new TV deal. Wallace has a $17M guaranteed salary this year but, played for chump change of #1M last year, and he drops by like $8M next year.

Money is not a problem, and where do you think we will spend it? On the OL for sure but, what else? We are NOT gonna get a Jimmy Graham or a Mack. Watch how FA unfolds, and hope that the new GM knows what he is doing.

*Cutting Wheeler would make no sense.

Hate on Jeff Ireland all you want but the dude left us in pretty good shape. Plenty of cap room for the next gm to come in and play around.

according to that page, nearly anyone cut after june 1st helps our 2015 cap.

easy to have no cap problems when u never resign your own draft picks or cut players early.
Still creates a lot of dead money though

Exactly. And it's not as if Aponte would be replaced by a cardboard box, or someone who is spinning wheels or throwing darts. I'm not buying what she did as remarkable. Situational influence generally explains things, far more than is allowed. Posters around here have no trouble deflecting stats in regard to Tannehill or others, but they accept numbers at face value in regard to Aponte, as if we'd be over the cap without her.

I don't like someone who is petrified of the media and thinks it's beneficial to prevent questioning that is less than glossy. That's been my stand long before this site existed and I'm not going to amend based on Dawn Aponte's current reputation.

I hope she departs.

Exactly. And it's not as if Aponte would be replaced by a cardboard box, or someone who is spinning wheels or throwing darts. I'm not buying what she did as remarkable. Situational influence generally explains things, far more than is allowed. Posters around here have no trouble deflecting stats in regard to Tannehill or others, but they accept numbers at face value in regard to Aponte, as if we'd be over the cap without her.

I don't like someone who is petrified of the media and thinks it's beneficial to prevent questioning that is less than glossy. That's been my stand long before this site existed and I'm not going to amend based on Dawn Aponte's current reputation.

I hope she departs.

Agreed 100%.

I want Aponte gone simply to cleanse the Parcells influence, but if there's anything this organization has done over the past fifteen years, it's bring in cardboard boxes as front office replacements.

I wonder if these figures are wrong. The sun Sentinel keeps saying they have about 29 million. I believe that is what they are reporting the NFL is saying. But that does not included FA's.

I trust this site more than Omar Kelly..

38 million sounds great till you factor in that we need 4 starting OL, 2 starting DT's, and 1 starting CB. Soliai and Grimes will cost 15 million per year at least that puts us at 23 mil. That allows us to spend 5.5 mil or so on each of the remaining starting positions, but we may want to sign rookies and actually fill out the rest of the roster.

Back
Top Bottom