Salary cap only $2 mil ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary cap only $2 mil ??

LarryFinFan said:
This is true and also, DBowens is too small for the protypical end that Saban likes and I don't think he has much of a chance at OLB, although he did play some in college...

Wouldn't that mean that JT is too small to play DE for Saban? I like Bowens. I like what he did for us last year. I can't believe how many people quickly forget how well he played last season.

feelthepain said:
Do you mean T.Bowens?? I don't think Saban will be cutting any D-Linemen with experience. D.Bowens had a solid season last year, he had a better season last year then Ogun, and I think he will add to a nice deep rotation for us. If you were talking about T.Bowens he already restructured this off season, he now earns Vet minimum, but can earn more then two Mill in incentives. So if T.Bowens were to be released it would only save 750,000. Still 3/4 of a mill will help. I don't see Saban doing anything to the D-Line but making additions unless someone is just worthless.I think we will still be adding to the D-Line. I think Saban will make the biggest impact to this team first year to the Dline. With all the focus on the Dline watch and see if we don't have a probowler or two in the secondary!!

I too don't understand why everyone wants this guy cut as if he was some reject. He's as solid a player as we have on the DL.

yes, I believe David Bowens is gone. I've been touting his release since we drafted Roth, actually I mentioned it after the the Holliday signing.

The one shocker, not that shocking but a suprise, might be that "Country" Bowens retires. I think is back is having a difficult time recouping. His age (which isn't terribly old) and the constant pounding his position takes may have had a more significant effect on him than we realized. I love the guy but he may either retire or be put on the PUP list for the start of the season. This is why I think Traylor makes sense and explains why we are interested.

Back
Top Bottom