Salary Cap Situation Looks Good | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary Cap Situation Looks Good

NJFINSFAN1 said:
It's funny, but the local papers are saying he looked great in camp. One reporter was saying he threw a 40 yard pass between two defenders that was a bullet!

A BULLET???? Boy Chad must have a very week arm!:wink:

all kidding aside, fiedler may very well have the better arm of the 2.

Saban4prez said:
all kidding aside, fiedler may very well have the better arm of the 2.

Yep, and it would not surprise me to see him play this year.

hooserdaddy said:
does anyone think were going to have trouble signing the additional 6-8 ROOKIE UFA's and sign our 6 draft picks with the Rookie pool.

The salary cap numbers do not include all the players under contract, only I think it is the 53 highest.....so anyone we sign for the minimum as an undrafted FA will not count against the cap unless they make the team and then in that case, whoever was in the top 53 that got cut, the new FA's salary would take their place, resulting in an actual cap savings for us.

NLude33 said:
Well the UDFA will get the minimum salaries, and the salary cap only counts the top 52 paid players I believe, so that shouldn't be a problem. But yeah, if we have to fit them all under the 4.6M, it could be a problem. Remember though, as much as we all love some of the UDFA, the odds of them making the team are slim to none. And if they do make the team, it will mean someone else is expendible, and can be replaced with this minimum salary UDFA.

Well said. sorry for being repetitive then. I hadn't read your post yet, nlude.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
It's funny, but the local papers are saying he looked great in camp. One reporter was saying he threw a 40 yard pass between two defenders that was a bullet!

A BULLET???? Boy Chad must have a very week arm!:wink:

I don't doubt that for a second...We've all heard the same thing for 5 yrs. now. "Fiedler looked great in practice, hit Chambers in stride between two defenders...."

or

"Jay looked sharp and is in the best shape since he's gotten here...he zipped the ball all over the field. Hit Randy for a TD in our red-zone drills...."

Blah, blah, blah....he probably will play a bit for "youz guyz"....good luck!:rofl4:

I love the cap situation we are in. Saban has turned a horrible cap, into a great cap. Love the breathing room. :D

yeah it seems like forever ago that we were 17 million over.

Nublar7 said:
I love the cap situation we are in. Saban has turned a horrible cap, into a great cap. Love the breathing room. :D

I hope we do like the Eagles and turn that 6 Million into some "likely to be earned" incentives, that arent likely to be earned. That way we can get an additional credit for next year!

Because of the number of players we have under contract, only the pro-rated signing bonuses will count toward the rookie pool at this point. If you look at the salary cap page, you'll notice that last year's late-round rookies only count about $10,000 against our cap right now because their base salaries are not among the top 51 right now. I would guess that about $4 million of that rookie pool will go to Brown, Roth, and Crowder.

We have a lot of guys under contract for only a year or two as well so our cap situation should continue to improve next year.

I feel that D-Bowens and D-Thompson will both be cut. That's over 3 million in cap space as well. Get Randy signed with that.

DreamWeaver said:

NY Post: "Jay Fiedler could hardly contain his excitement after signing with his hometown NY Jets."
Funny I bet our defense was saaying the same thing. Prolly something to the effect of: "Now we finally get to bash that long eared freak harder than we did in practice"

First of all I would just like to say that Saban has done a superb job with our salary cap situation, and I'm just amazed what a difference he has maken, so quickly. Also I was wondering... Does anyone have any outake on what our salary cap will be after we end up signing Ronnie Brown? (All the other draft picks and UDFA's). If he's expected to get a salary similar to what Oakland gave Gallery last year or perhaps even an even bigger contract than that, does anyone think that, that would put us in cap trouble? Any chance that we could go over and if not... would we still have some room to work with? (Lassie Music Plays) Clumpyyyyy! Clumpyyyyyy! :help:

painnotpleasure said:
If he's expected to get a salary similar to what Oakland gave Gallery last year or perhaps even an even bigger contract than that, does anyone think that, that would put us in cap trouble? Any chance that we could go over and if not... would we still have some room to work with? (Lassie Music Plays) Clumpyyyyy! Clumpyyyyyy! :help:
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Thats great judging by the character of ronnie brown he will prob take wut he deserves and not a penny more he wont try to get an extra dollar to "feed his family"

Back
Top Bottom