Salary cap Update 3/9 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary cap Update 3/9

Clumpy said:
Updated cap page submitted to Muck :whip: clumpy

I presently have y'all $7,448,549 under an "adjusted" salary cap of $92,470,210 with "dead cap" of $8,972,136

Remember, Miami has a cap debit of slightly more than $9.5 million ($102 million - $9.5 million)...THAT DOES NOT CHANGE....however, 2006 NLTBE's which once may have counted as LTBEs will not likely longer count now....they will be charged to 2007

I will try to get a cap analysis article finished and posted before FA starts

:wave:

Thanks. But how do you know all of this stuff?

Clumpy said:

I presently have y'all $7,448,549 under an "adjusted" salary cap of $92,470,210 with "dead cap" of $8,972,136

Remember, Miami has a cap debit of slightly more than $9.5 million ($102 million - $9.5 million)...THAT DOES NOT CHANGE....however, 2006 NLTBE's which once may have counted as LTBEs will not likely longer count now....they will be charged to 2007

Thanks Clumpy...fantastic as usual...

I do have a question about Frerotte...the Sun Sentinel (and others) have printed Gus' cap hit as $7 mil and the Herald has him listed at $4.4 mil against the cap....(same as you have him listed)...what is the real cost against the cap for him ??

Clumpy said:

Clumpy, you sure you are not a Dolphins fan? Come on 6000+ post here on Finheaven. Just admit it, we wont bite!

Thanks Clumpy, your information is always good to get. I agree that I would not restructure Zach's contract again. Let's do that with Mare instead to get some kind of relief. I know it would not be as much, but it would be something. There are probably numerous other cuts, and restructures that we could make to get more money. Remember that we do not have to sign every free agent. Just a few of the right ones.

well Frerotte will clear at least 4 million more after we sign Brees or a different QB

gus's cap hit for 2006 is 7 million bucks (over 4 for salary and around 3 for incentives he earned last year that were not likely to be earned incentives). that 3 million gets counted against us this year in addition to his salary for 4 million, that makes 7 million.

if we cut him, we would only save that 4 million and the 3 million in NLTBE incentives counts against our cap.

understand now?

Clumpy said:

so the incentives dont get spread out now that there is a new CBA?

Hold on...
We are 7.5 under now...
We save 4 by cutting Gus
We save 6 by restructring JT

By my math 6+4+7.5=17.5, not 11

Is that not right?

Zgonina will also be cut almost as soon as we sign Adams and I wouldn't be surprised to see Carter re-structure and Booker's contract extended past 2007.

County Of Dade said:
Hold on...
We are 7.5 under now...
We save 4 by cutting Gus
We save 6 by restructring JT

By my math 6+4+7.5=17.5, not 11

Is that not right?
I meant 11 extra.

Back
Top Bottom