Salary cap Update 3/9 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salary cap Update 3/9

death7star said:
gus's cap hit for 2006 is 7 million bucks (over 4 for salary and around 3 for incentives he earned last year that were not likely to be earned incentives). that 3 million gets counted against us this year in addition to his salary for 4 million, that makes 7 million.

if we cut him, we would only save that 4 million and the 3 million in NLTBE incentives counts against our cap.

understand now?

Ahh...I see said the blind man...thanks...one statement I read must have said "his cap hit" and the other figure is cap savings when he is cut...thanks...

Jaj said:
Zgonina will also be cut almost as soon as we sign Adams and I wouldn't be surprised to see Carter re-structure and Booker's contract extended past 2007.

Booker's contract goes past that, but I think we may talk to him about taking a lower base salary in exchange for a bonus now and incentives later.

WindyCityDolfan said:
OUCH!! THere are a lot of guys who didn't know when to retire that are better examples than Seau. He has played pretty well when healthy.

Seau and Thomas cannot even be compared right now. That is a horrible comparison. Seau cannot even play half a season. Thomas still leads the team in tackles every year, and only goes out if he has a serious injury. Thomas is nothing like Seau is right now.

Clumpy said:
Updated cap page submitted to Muck :whip: clumpy

I presently have y'all $7,448,549 under an "adjusted" salary cap of $92,470,210 with "dead cap" of $8,972,136

Remember, Miami has a cap debit of slightly more than $9.5 million ($102 million - $9.5 million)...THAT DOES NOT CHANGE....however, 2006 NLTBE's which once may have counted as LTBEs will not likely longer count now....they will be charged to 2007

I will try to get a cap analysis article finished and posted before FA starts

:wave:

Explain the term "Dead Cap" please

I think it means money we paid out to players that are no longer on the team? I am a little fuzzy on it too and would like to know.

Where are in bad shape to sign brees, I think we will sign Adams and Mawae but not Brees.

finmann said:
Explain the term "Dead Cap" please
Lets say we sign Brees to a 6 year deal. It has 12M garaunteed. That signing bonus is ammortized over the 6 years so its:
06: 2M
07: 2M
ect.

Lets say we cut him after 07. We still have 8M left in ammortized bonuses. That accelerates against our cap the next year. Its called "dead cap" because we cant use the space it eats up.

Phins28 said:
Where are in bad shape to sign brees, I think we will sign Adams and Mawae but not Brees.

I think Brees is alittle more important than those 2. If anything I think we sign Brees before Adams and Mawae. No need to worry, if they want all 3, they will get all 3.

Back
Top Bottom