Salty MF’in Tua. “466” | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salty MF’in Tua. “466”

Another example of somebody basically saying, "Tua learns concepts with just one rep". That obvious development is what so many people and even "so-called experts" missed. Every QB will make mistakes. The great ones are the ones that learn from those mistakes. That's what turned me off about Herbert, who had been my favorite QB prospect as a freshman.

It's what you see in that old clip of Jon Gruden coaching Chris Simms and being so visibly frustrated. Simms is a guy who had great physical gifts but zero football IQ. And now people listen to him providing football advice. LOL. Anybody learning about football from Chris Simms has to have as poor of a football IQ.
Qb expert Trent Dilfer has the best quote for me that always makes me go deeper in my evaluation of Tua

“He’s the most talented Qb I’ve ever
seen”

That talent obviously goes beyond measurables and that why a lot of people missed on the eval

if he stays healthy, and he finds his way to the open market, someone will pay the man.

I think the questions are:
1-Does he understand the $ value of being a long term winning QB, so that he would consider paying a little now to help the team stay competitive?
2-does he owe MM any allegiance for “resurrecting” his career from Flores’ mismanagement?
3-Does he want to stay paired with MM because of the offense and relationship?
Pretty much. Guys like him don't hit the market.

I'd say:
1 - I believe so. I don't think he'll let them rob him blind, but I don't think he'll try to bust the market either.
2 - Listening to both of them talk, I'd say its a resounding "yes."
3 - I can't think of any reason he wouldn't.

Qb expert Trent Dilfer has the best quote for me that always makes me go deeper in my evaluation of Tua

seen”

That talent obviously goes beyond measurables and that why a lot of people missed on the eval

He's to praying that the guy stays healthy this season. We're all excited to see what he can do in a full season growing from each game and every experience.

Pretty much. Guys like him don't hit the market.

I'd say:
1 - I believe so. I don't think he'll let them rob him blind, but I don't think he'll try to bust the market either.
2 - Listening to both of them talk, I'd say its a resounding "yes."
3 - I can't think of any reason he wouldn't.

Agreed. I can’t think of a better pairing between QB and HC ever to be honest.

Agreed. I can’t think of a better pairing between QB and HC ever to be honest.
Walsh / Montana is the only one I can think of that jumps out as better, over time...jury's out. I 'would' say Belicheat / Brady, but Brady won w/o old Bill.

Shanahan / Purdy is off to a very strong start. I think that kid's gonna be a monster.

Walsh / Montana is the only one I can think of that jumps out as better, over time...jury's out. I 'would' say Belicheat / Brady, but Brady won w/o old Bill.

Shanahan / Purdy is off to a very strong start. I think that kid's gonna be a monster.

I don’t think BB and TB had the same type of relationship that MM and TT have

What’s crazy is the “He threw the ball short!”

You know how many Qbs do that weekly?

All of them including Patrick Mahommes.

If he throws so short why are the safeties 20 yards back?
Maybe if he overthrew the receiver once in a while that narrative would change. JMO

seen”

Tua has several traits which IMO are as good as any I've ever seen. His anticipation I have as good as Warner's was. His release is as good as Marino's was. His accuracy may be the best I've ever seen. Montana and Brees are the best that come to mind and I have his above those two.

He processes fast as hell. He's arguably the best we've seen at the RPO. But his reads, while very good, will need to improve before I could put him among the best. My best at reading defenses in the modern era were Bernie Kosar and Brady.

He doesn't have the strongest arm. He's not the greatest QB athlete. But those other traits are IMO more important and more correlated with NFL success.

On top of that I think he's a pretty good leader and has pretty good work ethic.

I don't have his ceiling as Brees as some have said. His ceiling is higher than that. That doesn't mean it's a guarantee he'll reach that ceiling. But it does meant that all those people that sell him short based on some perceived arm strength limitation are missing the most important things.

if he stays healthy, and he finds his way to the open market, someone will pay the man.

I think the questions are:
1-Does he understand the $ value of being a long term winning QB, so that he would consider paying a little now to help the team stay competitive?
2-does he owe MM any allegiance for “resurrecting” his career from Flores’ mismanagement?
3-Does he want to stay paired with MM because of the offense and relationship?
1a. The monetary and legacy value of being a one-team true franchise QB, one that break franchise records, potentially rivals Marino for all-time great Dolphins signal caller

Back
Top Bottom