Salty MF’in Tua. “466” | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salty MF’in Tua. “466”

I’m hoping Tua will be a player that will literally work with the team on a team friendly deal..

These are the things that sometimes happen when you have a player of Tuas humility and smarts about the game
Ain't gonna happen. This is work man. We gotta pay the piper sooner or later. We're not too bad currently, but hard decisions will need to be made.

Xough, xough.

He's going to be the highest paid qb if this holds up....our cap is in for a nightmare scenario...stuck between a rock and a hard place...

You mean a rock and a…..hard rock

csi miami GIF

I’m hoping Tua will be a player that will literally work with the team on a team friendly deal..

These are the things that sometimes happen when you have a player of Tuas humility and smarts about the game

After the amount of **** Tua’s had to endure from the Owner chasing Brady, Watson fiasco, Flores shenanigans, concussion x2, then not getting a market extension when Hurts, Herbert, & Burrow got theirs…

Tua is NOT settling for a team friendly deal.

After the amount of **** Tua’s had to endure from the Owner chasing Brady, Watson fiasco, Flores shenanigans, concussion x2, then not getting a market extension when Hurts, Herbert, & Burrow got theirs…

Tua is NOT settling for a team friendly deal.
yeah well we both dont know.

The Tua contract negotiations are going to be very simple. Herbert, Burrow, and Hurts provide the basic contours. We’re going to be fair to Tua, and there’s no way he’s going to demand a resetting of the market from those other three. The kid is grateful for McDaniel and will want to leave enough on the table to win (and to make sure Waddle gets paid).

Also, everyone involved will understand the unspoken truth that Tua wouldn’t get paid like a top 5 QB if he hits the open market, even if he is a top 5 QB. Fair or not, that’s not how the league views him. McDaniel is literally his biggest fan in the league. If the Dolphins decide the price tag is too high, nobody else is going to think they should outbid the Dolphins.

It will be in everyone’s best interest to get a deal done. And Christian Wilkins is about to provide the whole team with a very painful illistration of what happens when you overvalue yourself and turn down a fair offer. If the first game is any indication, he might cost himself $20-30 million from what Miami was likely offering before the season to what he’ll get after the season.

I love the optimism and like everyone else, I pray that Tua continues to light it up and stays healthy. But its too early to know future deal numbers after 1 amazing game performance. Lets see where we are in November to start calculating "team friendly or setting the new standard for QB contracts.

Or just a Hard Rock place.

He’s not gonna be the highest paid though.

You think so? Hmmm I don't know...maybe he takes a discount? Tough decisions on the cap coming soon for sure... but if he stays healthy and puts up these numbers...Im not letting him leave period.

I guess I'm just nervous over what's going on with Wilkins and I hope it doesn't happen with Tua.

Last edited:
The Tua contract negotiations are going to be very simple. Herbert, Burrow, and Hurts provide the basic contours. We’re going to be fair to Tua, and there’s no way he’s going to demand a resetting of the market from those other three. The kid is grateful for McDaniel and will want to leave enough on the table to win (and to make sure Waddle gets paid).

Also, everyone involved will understand the unspoken truth that Tua wouldn’t get paid like a top 5 QB if he hits the open market, even if he is a top 5 QB. Fair or not, that’s not how the league views him. McDaniel is literally his biggest fan in the league. If the Dolphins decide the price tag is too high, nobody else is going to think they should outbid the Dolphins.

It will be in everyone’s best interest to get a deal done. And Christian Wilkins is about to provide the whole team with a very painful illistration of what happens when you overvalue yourself and turn down a fair offer. If the first game is any indication, he might cost himself $20-30 million from what Miami was likely offering before the season to what he’ll get after the season.
I dont buy that part. I think a lot of the guff Tua gets is BECAUSE he is a Miami Dolphin.

I don want to find out, but Id bet you that teams would pay more than we would for Tua.

Dont believe the media BS.

I dont buy that part. I think a lot of the guff Tua gets is BECAUSE he is a Miami Dolphin.

I don want to find out, but Id bet you that teams would pay more than we would for Tua.

Dont believe the media BS.
It’s possible, but I doubt we’ll ever find out. I really think both team and player are going to be happy to make this work long-term and are not going to squabble too long or too hard over whether Tua gets $275M with $200M guaranteed vs. $225M with $175M guaranteed.

By now everybody knows tua can throw deep. That's a dumb question for the next 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom