Sam Madison is the most overrated DB in the league | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Madison is the most overrated DB in the league

thats what big money does to players. sam madison is not overrated cus he was not rated as good as years past. keep that in mind. the variables are not taken into consideration. But madison needs a serious paycut or get cut next year IMO unless he turns it around. i thought surtain has missed on a few plays too but eveyone rides reputation. the dolphins cant ride reputation.

Originally posted by Jaj
Madison was the not the one who botched up the coverage, he was just blamed because he was the one who ended up trying to chase him down.

It was actually Surtain's guy #85 that scored on the LONG TD. I don't blame Surtain either. Our LB'ers, Zach and Seau missed 1st, then Knight, Marion both missed for sure tackles on that play. The entire D was to blame on that TD.

I don't think our players came to play. Play after play the coaches put our guys in GREAT position to make play after play, but our players choked.

Oliver...

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Pro Bowler after Pro bowler, but a mediocre team. And that is not smack, it is the truth. It was the truth last year, and seems like the truth this year.

You cannot be here talking JUNk after how you lost on Thursday, and who you lost to on Thursday?

Jets fans you are the most clueless bunch of ppl around!

Oliver...

First of all fellas. We have 15 games to play. Although this is a game we are supposed to win, it is way to early to panic.

Plain and simple. No team will ever play a perfect game. There will always be blown coverages, missed tackles and blown opportunities during games. We have a very good team and they are capable of beating any team you put on the field against them. The defense gave up ONE frickin' TD that whole game because of a blown coverage (Surtain) and missed tackle (Knight).

I cant believe some people are pointing out Sam, he played a decent game, other than a perfectly anticipated pick he should've had, there weren't a lot of completions on his side. Did anyone on this thread mention the time he blitzed and chased down the RB to the far side of the field in the backfield tripping him up for a loss.....NO! Did anyone mention the fact that once Sam was out of the game, we got our a$$ picked apart in the passing game because Fletch and T-Buck couldn't do the job Sam was doing...NO! And for someone to mention the fact that they "were glad to see Sam twist his ankle" has got to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard on this board. Sam came from the other side of field to try and make a stop that Surtain and Knight screwed up (and you guys blame Sam). He is a vital part of our defense, and would be on anyone's defense.

You guys need to watch that game again, because Sam had a better game than Fletch (of course) and Surtain. I think Surtain is the best DB we had, but I think he's a little bit slowed from that scope he had last month, because I remember Gaffney and A. Johnson making a few crucial catches over there, and a couple of those catches were on third and long.

The aspect of the game I blame is our pass rush and o-line. Where the h#ll was our pass rush. Houston o-line is not that improved, yet they managed to keep us from getting a sack.:fire: Our o-line needs a lot of work when it comes to coming up with a blocking scheme against a 3-4 defense. We've struggeled against 3-4 schemes for as long as I can remember, our o-line coach has to get them better prepared against that scheme when it comes to run blocking.

Our teams failure points to one thing. COACHING. Our team was not prepared properly. The blocking scheme for the running game sucked, we got beat by the Texans kicker only because we couldn't manged to do enough on offense (running the ball). :fire:

BTW...what the h#ll are Jets fans doing over here talking smack, you must realize you're problems are much bigger than ours. I guarantee you that the pass rush will be motivated to get to your immobile QB with his 3 yd avg. per pass completion :lol:

no argument but...

there is plenty of blame to pass around on that play. Sammy Knight misplayed that as well. ugly, ugly.

Back
Top Bottom