• Yes, lets get plenty of room in the cap

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • No, lets have a whiney baby that costs us games

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters

goochesdolphins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sam Madison says that he doesnt want to take a pay cut, well hes been crap the past couple of years, i say get rid of him.
Theres plenty of teams who need cornerbacks that have good lineman.
Trade his ***, and get a good lineman, and get some room on our cap.

Who agrees:D

That means he will take a re-structure then. Do you realize he has no bargaining power left if he says he wants to take a paycut?

Im sayin i dont care if he doesnt want miami to take advantage of him, i care about winning. TRADE HIM.....

You make no sense. Take advantage of him, why would any player on this God given green Earth want to let a team take advantage of him. By the way what will most probably happen is we guarantee his next year salary and that will save us about 4-5m.

well first off all sam madison did not say he wouldnt take a pay cut sir. as a matter of fact sam said at the pre super bowl gathering in houston a week ago that he would do any thing he could to help the team get under the cap. even if it meant he had to restructure his deal. so i dont agree with trading his a$$ i say if he is willing to do what he says then we keep him. he is a great player and still has alot left in the tank. and no he has not been crap for a couple of years hes not been great but he is far from s$$t.

Sam Madison Does Not Want a Pay Cut
February 6th, 2004
The Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have talked to Gene Burrough, who represents Madison, to discuss a restructuring of the cornerback's contract. Burrough said he was willing to discuss the idea with the team with the understanding it will not be a pay cut.

''I don't expect that the Dolphins expect Sam to take some kind of pay cut,'' Burrough said.

Madison is scheduled to make $6.3 million in base salary next season, and guaranteeing a portion of that money would help the team lower his $8.03 million cap number next year.

thats a quote from phinzone.com

Originally posted by goochesdolphins
Sam Madison says that he doesnt want to take a pay cut, well hes been crap the past couple of years, i say get rid of him.
Theres plenty of teams who need cornerbacks that have good lineman.
Trade his ***, and get a good lineman, and get some room on our cap.

Who agrees:D

sam says he's cool on re-structuring his deal, so why get rid of him? you want fletcher starting a cb? :lol: any other cb of sam's caliber will cost more than he does. so say you were gm and you traded sam, gimme a replacement at the other corner, and welcome to board my fellow fin fan

Madison HAS played greatly. Just because he has not played like he use to or has gotten burned more often, does not mean he is not playing greatly. Put any other CB that is not in Top 5 and they would get burned 10x as much.

T. Buck or somthin, it says on ESPN that he takes up 20% of our cap, so yea ur tellin me theres no good cheaper corner back out there.

Re: Re: Sam Madison????

Originally posted by Phishstix

sam says he's cool on re-structuring his deal, so why get rid of him? you want fletcher starting a cb? :lol: any other cb of sam's caliber will cost more than he does. so say you were gm and you traded sam, gimme a replacement at the other corner, and welcome to board my fellow fin fan
do you see this post gooches? it is not just me you have been mislead sir. madison will do what is nessacary to help the team he will retire a dolphin. he might not take a paycut but he will restructure like i said to help the team.

for 1 hes not in the top 5, now im not sayin he sucks, but hes to expensive for his play.

Originally posted by goochesdolphins
T. Buck or somthin, it says on ESPN that he takes up 20% of our cap, so yea ur tellin me theres no good cheaper corner back out there.

t.buck:lol: there isn't a cheaper corner out there as good as sam. nobody in the league is better at anticipation than he is. his big handicap is his speed i.e. if he ran a 4.3, he'd be a future hof. he is handicapping the f.o.'s flexibility with his contract, and from the looks of it, it will get restructured and his salary would be garunteed, saving 4 million in cap room.

If Sam doesn't accept a paycut, then he is leaving the FO with no alternative...

Originally posted by Jaj
A re-structure.

His play maybe deserving of a top 15 CB, but not a Top 5 salary...

There are 30 DB playing in the NFL with better INT record this year...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom