Sam Madison???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Madison????

Should we trade Sam Madison???

• Yes, lets get plenty of room in the cap

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • No, lets have a whiney baby that costs us games

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
INTs are not the only way to rate a CB. I learned this the hard way. Ok so If you are are a cruddy covering CB...and you let recievers get open all the time and you get burned alot because QBs throw alot of balls your way, but because of some tipped balls or inaccurate balls you get INTs makes you better than a guy who can cover? No.

How many INTs did Champ Bailey have? 3? Hes not worth anything then :rolleyes:

PT I can agree with your opinion that INT are not the only wat to judge a CB.

But using that excact judgement, why is P Surtain better at covering and getting twice as many INT as Sam? They have just about the same amount of tackles and passes defended over the last 2 seasons. I guess then Pat got alot of tipped balls, not to be mistaken for blue balls... ;)

No, J/K, but I understand your judgement. Miami still has the league fearing the best CB tandem....

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
How many INTs did Champ Bailey have? 3? Hes not worth anything then :rolleyes:

He is worth a hell of alot more than than Madison now IMO. I spoke too soon, should have taken notice of tackles, passes defended.

Right now Bailey has almost twice as tackles and passes defended than both Surtain and Madison. He is better against the run than any of or two CBs..

No way no how does Sam Madison earn his money. For that money, he should have ten INT's every year and return kicks. who the hell decided that the CB market would be 8 mil per year?:yell: :fire:

Originally posted by goochesdolphins
Sam Madison Does Not Want a Pay Cut
February 6th, 2004
The Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have talked to Gene Burrough, who represents Madison, to discuss a restructuring of the cornerback's contract. Burrough said he was willing to discuss the idea with the team with the understanding it will not be a pay cut.

''I don't expect that the Dolphins expect Sam to take some kind of pay cut,'' Burrough said.

Madison is scheduled to make $6.3 million in base salary next season, and guaranteeing a portion of that money would help the team lower his $8.03 million cap number next year.

thats a quote from phinzone.com

Considering the phinzone has copied my work and calling it their own I wouldn't be claiming anything as a quote from them. :fire:

hey gooch, i agree we should cut sam madison if he dosent take a paycut, but if he does take a paycut then i say keep him cuz i see no available cornerbacks on the market that are as good as same exept for champ bailey and shawn springs but i dont expect us to go after them.
or we could always just trade him for an olinemen or a quality reciever

Originally posted by goochesdolphins

Trade his ***, and get a good lineman, and get some room on our cap.

You should research before you post what you're not sure of. Trading Madison would give us a hell of a cap hit. :rolleyes:

i see all ppl rate a cb JUST JUST about pics....he doesnt get as many pics as surtain b/c they dont throw to his side as much...he does get burnt but we have no other alternative in his spot...i mean we gave away cousin and kept fletcher...that makes no sense....well the dolphins have never made sense to me either...but i guess we'll see what happens next year

I think it would be a huge mistake to let go of Madison. The guy is a great player! Yeah he had an off season this year.. he still made it to the Pro-Bowl last year but he is still a great player. He knows the game and he still does his job. If he restructures they he needs to stay. (plus.. if he is willing to restructure to help the team out then that is great of him) Just think about it people... you were promised a certain wage at your job and one day your boss says that they need to cut costs so they may want to give you a pay cut.. are YOU going to say... "yea go ahead just give me a huge paycut". Cant blame the man...

Originally posted by MissMeth
you were promised a certain wage at your job and one day your boss says that they need to cut costs so they may want to give you a pay cut.. are YOU going to say... "yea go ahead just give me a huge paycut". Cant blame the man...

Thats a bad analogy. Cause in normal america, if an employee is making good money, but isn't producing to the level of that salary, he doesn't get a reduced salary, he gets flat out fired.

When you get paid 5 million a year, you need to earn it each and every year. You can't have off years, especially not 2 in a row. If you think your worth that money, ask for incentives and earn the money. You want to tell Wally Ogunleye, who made about 1/15th of what Madison did last year, he can't have a new contract because someone alot less effective as his has to make 15 times more money.

I'm just curious about what games he cost us?
Madison gave up 2 TDs all year, one to Santana Moss in week 2(we won) & one to Antonio Bryant on Thanksgiving(again we won).
Surtain also gave up two TDs this year, one opening week to Cory Bradford(we lost) & one to Laveranues Coles(we won by 1 point), so who's costing us games?

Get rid of neither. Those two & Taylor are the three most crucial players to our defense.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I'm just curious about what games he cost us?
Madison gave up 2 TDs all year, one to Santana Moss in week 2(we won) & one to Antonio Bryant on Thanksgiving(again we won).
Surtain also gave up two TDs this year, one opening week to Cory Bradford(we lost) & one to Laveranues Coles(we won by 1 point), so who's costing us games?

Get rid of neither. Those two & Taylor are the three most crucial players to our defense.

Those three AND Ogunleye are the 4 most crucial players to our D.

Back
Top Bottom