Same Old Phinz : All Hype.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Same Old Phinz : All Hype....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
It's sad that this offense is so bad, and the OL isn't the only area of concern. We've got QB, WR, and OC problems as well....

The 2004 off-season is in sight now, and the Phinz are going to have some dramatic changes coming IMO. Needed changes....

The Phinz current coaching staff is done. Dave, Norv, Jim, and Rick have done all they can do over the last three years, and it clearly hasn't been enough. They are all accountable for this seasons debacle, and I don't think any of them {with maybe the exception of DC J. Bates} deserve to return in 2004.

Why oh why are we always lead to believe that "this year will be different", or "this is the year we turn it all around"??...

J. Seau. "This team is out for vengence". I sure don't see it....

Every season, every year, we're expected to win the AFC East, and make the playoffs. Not anymore. Now we're one of those teams on the outside looking in on a yearly basis. A team that nobody respects, and deservedly so. The current state of the Miami Dolphins is in shambles, and no quick fix is in sight.....

The hype surrounding the Phinz chances this season was one of epic proportions, yet somehow this team always fionds a way of proving it's not worthy of such high praise. The rest of the divisional foes have been hearing it for years, and have laughed it off as nothing but a joke. Well, that's the truth isn't it??? We are a joke to them....

The offense is the area of most concern, and it needs to be rebuilt, completely rebuilt. It all starts up front on the OL.....

OT T. Wade - Big guy, strong. He'd be the ONLY guy I'd keep on the OL in 2004....

OG J. Nails - Now I know why Buffalo let him leave. He's clearly not going to regain his 2002 form anytime soon, and he's been a big disappointment this year IMO.

C T. Ruddy - He's done his job over the years, but his age is a major concern. He needs to be replaced. Can anyone say Olin Kruetz???.....

OG T. Perry - One of Daves boys from Chicago. Not physical enough in the run department., and even worse in pass protection. He's a journeyman with very little to offer IMO. He could be a good back-up, but that's about it.....

OT W. Smith - A rookie yes, but still not good enough to start. Dave was out of his mind giving this kid a chance to start this season IMO, and it proved to be a huge mistake as well. Actually Dave didn't have a choice becasue he neglected to address the OT position this off-season. Very poor decision....

When you've got a gem like Ricky in the backfield, you've got find a way to get him a solid OL. What's the use in having the NFL's best RB if nobody is going to block for him??? One or two off-season moves along the OL could have made all the difference this year. Dave is responsible, and there is no excuse for it.....NONE!!!

We need another WR opposite C. Chambers. One that can run deep, and catch the ball. I'd keep CC, and start from scratch....

I can't break this defense down right now, but if we ever want to balance out this team, and retun to our former greatness, there will have to be some changes this off-season on that side of the ball as well. Most expected to go???.....

DB S. Madison - Overrated. He's getting old, and slow. He's been getting burnt on a regular basis, and it's time we dumped him for a younger, cheaper talent.

DT T. Bowens - Love the guy, but we need more pressure from the DT postition. He's a great plug, but nothing more. His age and re-occuring injuries are also a concern....

S B. Marion - I can't stand this guy. He's suppose to be the deepest man on the field, yet he's always chacing from behind. His age is a major concern, and his speed is very questionable.

OLB J. Seau - he played great this year, and his age is the only thing keeping him down. I wish we had him two years ago.

OLB M. Greenwood - This guy stinks. I don't know why so many Phinz fans were praising this guy this year, he's done practically nothing opposite JS. A wasted pick by JJ, and not worthy of a roster spot IMO. Hell, C. Jenkins plays with more passion and fire than he does...

Those are just the obvious candidates IMO. Some surprises may also be on the way. DE J. Taylor was quoted saying if we don't go this year, he's gone. MLB Z. thomas has also been toying with the thought of leaving. I don't want to see any surprises like that this off-season, but a couple could be coming if we don't win out, and at least make the playoffs....

The fans who are against these dramatic changes, must be content with mediocrity. That's all we are, and have been for years now. We're just dumb/blind enough think every year will be different. It hasn't been, and wont be until these changes take place IMO.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

I would loose wade in a heartbeat. He gives up as many sacks as anybody and will want big bucks. The only OL I may keep would be nails. The achilles injury typically takes two years. Ask Jamal Lewis. On D I disagree with you a bit about Marion. He is a ball hawk like the rest and like the rest it exposes him to getting burned. However he makes 4-5 picks a yr and seems to be in on most runs to his side. I also disagree about greenwood and seau. Greenwood is improving quickly and seau is not what he was but he brings a blitzing/run stuffer that has helped our run d quite a bit. He will help greenwood and moore also. Madison is not what he was but if he restructures then he is worth keeping. Same is true for Timbo. I think if we loose anyone on D it should be Wally & Fletcher for Different reasons. wally could get up a pick we will need for the offensive side of the ball and fletcher is just not good.

J. Lewis had a torn acl...not an achillies injury...achillies injuries are bad and tough to come back from...ask Dan Marino...after that injury...he never really looked the same...yes he was still great but not awesome.

Fire everybody!.........Typical response.

As for JT and Zach leaving..........they have something called "contracts", and I follow the dolphins very closely and neither one has ever said such a thing.

And for the life of me, I don't understand why anybody would want to fire Jim Bates. We are #1 in points allowed.....did you know that?

Originally posted by Section126
Fire everybody!.........Typical response.

As for JT and Zach leaving..........they have something called "contracts", and I follow the dolphins very closely and neither one has ever said such a thing.

And for the life of me, I don't understand why anybody would want to fire Jim Bates. We are #1 in points allowed.....did you know that?

Did you even read my post???....

I said DC J. Bates would be the only memeber of the coaching staff I would keep. He's done his job, and he's done it well....

As far as the JT and ZT comments, anything is possible.

And for your information, I've heard JT say he's considering leaving if we don't go this year. I heard it in person at the Phinz dinner banquet this off-season. ZT has been flirting with the thought of leaving for a couple of years now. Where have you been???...:confused:

Gee that would suck if ZT and JT leave but they can't just leave...traded yes but leave...they are under contract so if they want out at least we would get something in return...a first round pick for JT at least.

LEAVE??????????????????

This isn't a park league dude.

They have contracts........you just don't leave.

You just made that up in your rage induced state.

BTW, JT bought a brand new house in May, Zach bought his in October..........so yeah, they don't plan on being here long..........hehehehe

Hey Blitz, How old are you?

Blitz just made a comment...no need to get mad...c'mon where all FinFans here...well most of us and I know that Section126 and BLITZ are solid posters no need to get pissed at each other...

Let's Go Fins!!!

BLITZKRIEG...

If I'm not mistaken...I remember you posting in the Official Dolphins website...on the message board...You always had good insight on the Fins but if I'm not mistaken...I may be wrong here...and confusing you with someone else...but I remember your displeasure for one particular player on this team...Z. Thomas...right???

Go Fins!!!

LEAVE??????????????????

BTW, JT bought a brand new house in May, Zach bought his in October..........so yeah, they don't plan on being here long..........hehehehe

Players can do whatever they want. They can demand a trade, they can hold out until traded or released outright, or they can just retire. Many players have done all of these things. What makes ZT and JT any different???...

They are both fed-up with the same old same old. Are you saying there is NO chance of either one of them leaving?? If so, you're living in denial IMO. It's a possibility, and that's all I ever said it was. Nothing more.....

Who cares if they both just bought houses. I guess since they both just bought houses, that automatically means they aren't going to leave???....Gee, that's a one I haven't heard before.

I'm old enough to know that age has nothing to do with it....:D

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
BLITZKRIEG...

If I'm not mistaken...I remember you posting in the Official Dolphins website...on the message board...You always had good insight on the Fins but if I'm not mistaken...I may be wrong here...and confusing you with someone else...but I remember your displeasure for one particular player on this team...Z. Thomas...right???

Go Fins!!!

Sure, I've stated that I dislike Zach. As a person, not as a player...

LEAVE??????????????????

What a couple of babies IMHO. They are 2 leaders on this team and are just as responsible for not getting the job done as everyone else. Now what are they gonna do go to another team that doesn't lack leadership and let other players lead them to the promised land. That's BS.

Yeah..I kind of remember that you had some type of run in with him at a banquet or at restaurant...so what happened?

Anyway...have you been on the other website?

Another tough season being a FinsFan!!!

Go Fins!!!

They are not going anywhere. They love playing and living here.

As for buying houses: If you were a little older you would know that when you buy a house and have a kid like JT did, it means that you will be here for the long haul, that is why he signed that long term deal. Zach also bought a house because he redid his contract and EXTENDED the years in his deal this offseason.

So yeah, I guarantee they will both be here.

Back
Top Bottom