Sammy Knight or Lawyer Milloy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Knight or Lawyer Milloy

CanadianFish

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking since last night are we better off with Knight or would of Milloy been a better pick up.

Sammy only 26 has over 5 ints a season average and many good years left. Counts for 1.6-2M against the cap if I remember right. Is know for his hard hitting capabilities on the inside. Speed is a reason for concern :cool:

Milloy: 29 years old had a dissapointing season (for him). wants a minimum of 4M a year (huge cap number). 0 interceptions last year, 0 turnovers. Plays great coverage and effective against the run. :confused:

My choice is Knight

who would you pick and why

Milloy is the better player but Knight is the better deal. We have most of our money tied up in defensive players and I don't think that we could add even more with Milloy's contract. Knights contract doesn't count for the amount that you are saying. I believe that he's under a mil this year and 1.8 mil next year if we keep him

I like Knight better even tough Milloy is a great player. And I don't say that because Knight is with the Dolphins.

When they were both at the top of their game (2-3 years ago) I was noticing the play of Knight and was thinking he would look great in a Fins uniform.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Milloy is the better player but Knight is the better deal. We have most of our money tied up in defensive players and I don't think that we could add even more with Milloy's contract. Knights contract doesn't count for the amount that you are saying. I believe that he's under a mil this year and 1.8 mil next year if we keep him

You make a very good point. We can't have the best at every position. No team can afford that. What we are really talking about is value. If Knight gives us what we expect, then he is a great value for the money.

Knight...hands down. In this era of the NFL a players cap hit is MORE important than their skills. For the cost vs reward, Knight is by FAR the better player for the Phins. Miami needs turnovers, and Knight is exactly the ballhawk that we've needed.

It all comes down to Production VS Cost... When comparing the Stats Knight wins when you consider Milloy has had a year longer to add to his stats, he is 2 years OLDER than Knight and costs disproportionatley more money the choice is an Easy one to make: Sammy Knight

Lawyer Milloy
6-0" 210lbs Age:29
Years:8
Tackles:761
Sacks:7
Forced Fumbles:8
INTs:19
Yards:123
TDs:5
Long:30
TDs:1
Pass Deflects:52

Sammy Knight
6-0" 215lbs Age 27..
Career Numbers:
Years:7
Tackles:566
Sacks:5
F Fumbles:5
INTs:28
Yards:464
Long:91
TDs:4
Pass Deflects:55

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Knight is better for the team. However, Milloy is one of the most ferocious hitters in the NFL, and to have Buckley and Milloy on the same team is a great fantasy but I like having Knight on the team more. Who would have ever guessed that Milloy was going to be cut like that? It put their whole team in shock, which in turn, is good for the Fins, IMO. BTW, that's like the Fins losing Zack all of a sudden.

Milloy is an excellent player, and but he isn't as good a value as Sammy Knight. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I think Milloy is a little bit better. Knight, however, is much more of a playmaker.

IMO, Knight is the better player right now. Milloy really didn't do a whole lot last year (no INTs). He had a down year. I'll take Knight, who's 2 years younger, has 9 more INTs, played in 18 less games, 340 more return yards, and a bigger hitter.

Last 3 years.......

Milloy - 4 INTs, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 4 FFs, 16 PD, 3 sacks

Knight - 16 INTs, 218 yds, 2 TDs, 5 FFs, 28 PD, 5 sacks

Milloy is a great safety. But is not producing at the rate that Knight is. And last year he really didn't produce. Milloy might be a hitter. But I doubt he hits harder than Sammy. Our boy can lay the lumber.

Originally posted by Muck
IMO, Knight is the better player right now. Milloy really didn't do a whole lot last year (no INTs). He had a down year. I'll take Knight, who's 2 years younger, has 9 more INTs, played in 18 less games, 340 more return yards, and a bigger hitter.

Last 3 years.......

Milloy - 4 INTs, 23 yds, 0 TDs, 4 FFs, 16 PD, 3 sacks

Knight - 16 INTs, 218 yds, 2 TDs, 5 FFs, 28 PD, 5 sacks

Milloy is a great safety. But is not producing at the rate that Knight is. And last year he really didn't produce. Milloy might be a hitter. But I doubt he hits harder than Sammy. Our boy can lay the lumber.

This is exactly what I am looking at... but it makes me wonder... Why does Milloy have 4 pro bowl trips and Knight only 1? Is it an AFC/NFC talent disparity thing?

Because it's a popularity contest. Anything that is a result of fan voting I take with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by bdwgroove

Stats over the last few seasons say otherwise IMO

Knight is the better player and the better deal.

i want the guy who makes the most plays. that would be sammy knight. i want the guy who fits our system.
now on the other hand, milloy has some great intagibles going to buffalo. i guess it dont really matter cus both will do well with there teams. sammy is just the right deal for us, thats it.

Back
Top Bottom