Sammy Knight or Lawyer Milloy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sammy Knight or Lawyer Milloy

Originally posted by 13isgr81

This is exactly what I am looking at... but it makes me wonder... Why does Milloy have 4 pro bowl trips and Knight only 1? Is it an AFC/NFC talent disparity thing?

Name recognition Baby, Name, plus he played on a SB champ.

Does anyone have the cap numbers for Knight?

I really think he is the most bang for the buck and the fact he is younger plays a huge part as he can stay with the fish for multiple years.

Originally posted by CanadianFish
I've been thinking since last night are we better off with Knight or would of Milloy been a better pick up.

Sammy only 26 has over 5 ints a season average and many good years left. Counts for 1.6-2M against the cap if I remember right. Is know for his hard hitting capabilities on the inside. Speed is a reason for concern :cool:

Milloy: 29 years old had a dissapointing season (for him). wants a minimum of 4M a year (huge cap number). 0 interceptions last year, 0 turnovers. Plays great coverage and effective against the run. :confused:

My choice is Knight

who would you pick and why

I was surprised he was cut as many here were. Even so, I like Knight better for all the reasons the guys in front of me have already said. he'll more than likely wind up in Buffalo. Bills media have been all but saying it's a done deal. We'll see.

Funny thing about this thread is that New Orleans is reportedly one of the teams pursuing Milloy. Which means if they sign him they will have cut Sammy to pay more for Milloy.

Milloy would be more expensive but he knows the AFCE more than Knight. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I didn't see teams jump or run for Knight compared to Milloy despite his price.

Originally posted by justafan
Milloy would be more expensive but he knows the AFCE more than Knight. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I didn't see teams jump or run for Knight compared to Milloy despite his price.

And that's the weired thing about this, his stats are obvisously better than Malloy's, but he didn't get the attention. The speed thing I think hurt him, but all the guy does is make plays, go figure. Even we didn't just jump on him either, even though some would use the cap figure at the time, but he wasn't even mentioned early on.

I didn't see teams jump or run for Knight compared to Milloy despite his price.

Timing.

Because the draft and training camp are done and teams now really know what their weakness are. And some players are lost for the year so the interest is up for the quality players.

Do you think that Sammy Knight wouldn't be welcome again in New Orleans now that they lost their safety that was supposed to replace him ?

Milloy will be lucky get paid what Sammy is getting from us this late in the game. I was never a big Milloy fan anyway - I am a USC fan, not a Washington fan ;)

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

And that's the weired thing about this, his stats are obvisously better than Malloy's, but he didn't get the attention. The speed thing I think hurt him, but all the guy does is make plays, go figure. Even we didn't just jump on him either, even though some would use the cap figure at the time, but he wasn't even mentioned early on.

I guess leadership plays into this as well. I haven't seen a team (Pats) upset about a players departure. It just wasn't about the timing they were upset about but his presence.

If the bills do sign him, that would be two Pats leaders that we got from them in 2 years.

They now have A. Smith, Ted Washington , Larry Centers (am I missing anyone?) from the bills.

Yeah but Washington wasn't with the Bills anymore so it doesn't have the same impact of Bledsoe or Milloy (if he goes). And Smith wasn't a consistent runner before going to the Pats and he gave them a good year before becoming his old-self.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Milloy will be lucky get paid what Sammy is getting from us this late in the game. I was never a big Milloy fan anyway - I am a USC fan, not a Washington fan ;)

Actually if he signs with the Bills, he probably will be paid more, they were like 5 mill or so under the cap.

I guess leadership plays into this as well. I haven't seen a team (Pats) upset about a players departure. It just wasn't about the timing they were upset about but his presence.

If the bills do sign him, that would be two Pats leaders that we got from them in 2 years.

They now have A. Smith, Ted Washington , Larry Centers (am I missing anyone?) from the bills.

You're right about that, his work ethics were 2nd to none on that team, he was defintely one of the leaders, through time, on field actions and locker room presents. Emotionally that's a big hit for them...You could see it in the players body language as they spoke about it. I don't think Knight was brought to Miami for his leadership qualities as much as for his play making abilities and his hard hitting to cause TO's. I agree with another poster, it had to be timming.

I like Lawyer Milloy. I think he was one of the best safeties in the game, and still is. I question Knight's validity in this style of defense more than I would question Lawyer Milloy's. But he's going to be pretty expensive. The Redskins just jumped into the bargaining table with an offer of $5 million over the first two years of the contract.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Actually if he signs with the Bills, he probably will be paid more, they were like 5 mill or so under the cap.

$5.9.

Knowing Donahoe, he's not one to overpay though. If he wants $$$, he should go to Washington. However, not a lot of big named players have lasted there. Buffalo would ba a perfect fit for him. We are a team on the rise, we need a safety and I think we a re a dominant LDE away from being a complete team. (That's if Milloy signs though). Plus he gets to face Bellichik twice a year.

Back
Top Bottom