San Antonio Spurs 08-09' X's 5 Redemption Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Antonio Spurs 08-09' X's 5 Redemption Thread

I couldn't believe how bad Miami beat them at SA earlier in the year.

Of course, the Spurs resembled a MASH unit.

I couldn't believe how bad Miami beat them at SA earlier in the year.

Of course, the Spurs resembled a MASH unit.

True, can't win them all. I know the Heat were up by 10 or so when Parker went out but at the early part of the year, w/o him and Many and the Spurs integrating new players to the system (Mason, Tolliver and Hill), it spelled perfect disaster for a loss against Miami.

Heat are looking okay this year. Wade is helping one of my fantasy teams immensely.

:up:

True, can't win them all. I know the Heat were up by 10 or so when Parker went out but at the early part of the year, w/o him and Many and the Spurs integrating new players to the system (Mason, Tolliver and Hill), it spelled perfect disaster for a loss against Miami.

Heat are looking okay this year. Wade is helping one of my fantasy teams immensely.

:up:

Definitely alot better than I hoped they'd be. They've got a great starting 5, their bench is terrible though.

I could see them as the 8th seed in the playoffs. Nice wins so far @ PHX and @ SAS.

And they go into Houston and get killed.

Oh well, back to back game with Houston having 2 days off.

Get 'em next time

Uggh...Ugly the other night.Definitely need time to gel.Oh well looking forward to the game with Detroit tonight.

Tonights Affair....

Pistons 10-6

2nq8ljt-1.jpg

vs.

Spurs 9-7

izynvo-1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/games/20081202/DETSAS/preview.html

Because they haven't been to the NBA finals since 2005 when they lost to the San Antonio Spurs, the Detroit Pistons have made some big changes. They don't seem to be working.

While the core of the Pistons appears troubled, the Spurs only recently got theirs intact going into the teams' matchup on Tuesday in San Antonio.

Since the Spurs beat them to win the 2004-05 championship, the Pistons have switched coaches twice, let Ben Wallace go and last month, traded Chauncey Billups to Denver to get Allen Iverson.

Detroit (10-6) has only managed to split its 12 games since Iverson joined the team, and he caused a distraction by skipping Thanksgiving practice. That incident prompted coach Michael Curry, in his first season replacing the fired Flip Saunders, to keep Iverson out of the starting lineup for the next game and the star guard was fined.

Go Spurs go
San Antonio is nice this time of year!
All the Spurs' Championships have come in odd years.
This is the year!

That all sounds good fellas,but the Spurs need to shake off the rust and start shooting better.Also need to close out games a lot better than they've been doing.Denver will provide quite the challenge tonight with the way they have been playing lately.

Tonight...

Spurs 9-8

4kuucj-1.jpg

vs

Nuggets 13-6

315gx1y-1.jpg

The Denver Nuggets are on a roll, and it would have been tough for them to play much better in their latest win.

The last time the San Antonio Spurs took the court, Gregg Popovich feels his team couldn't have played any worse.

With Chauncey Billups leading the way, the Nuggets will look for their sixth victory in seven games on Thursday when they host the Spurs, coming off an effort their veteran coach described as "very soft."

Denver (13-6) was just 1-3 when Billups first entered the lineup after being acquired from Detroit, and the veteran point guard's presence has made a huge difference. The Nuggets are 12-3 with Billups, and during their current three-game winning streak, he's been the best player on the court.

Billups had a game-high 27 points in a 106-97 win at Minnesota on Saturday, then had 28 and 10 assists in a 104-94 victory over Houston on Sunday, a game Carmelo Anthony left due to a sprained elbow. Anthony returned Tuesday against Toronto, but it was Billups who led the way again, recording 24 points and 14 assists in a 132-93 rout, tied for Denver's fifth-largest margin of victory in franchise history.

Tonights Game....

Warriors 5-14

2rx9ohc-1.jpg

vs.

Spurs 10-8

2hxvnz7-1.jpg

http://www.nba.com/games/20081206/GSWSAS/preview.html

Despite a recent slip, the San Antonio Spurs have been playing much better at home recently.

That's not likely to change Saturday night.

The Spurs try for a 21st straight home victory over the reeling Golden State Warriors, who will also try to avoid a ninth consecutive loss overall.

With Manu Ginobili injured to start the season, San Antonio (10-8) lost its first three games at the AT&T Center. The Spurs have played better there since, and are 5-5 at home heading into this contest.

Even with a healthy Ginobili and Tony Parker in the lineup together again, the Spurs lost 98-77 at home to Detroit on Tuesday. They then took to the road Thursday and defeated Denver 108-91.

Back
Top Bottom