San Diego Chargers DE's released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Diego Chargers DE's released

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Just saw over on the chargers home page www.chargers.com that RayLee Johnson and Marcellus Wiley have both been released. I wonder how this affects the market for O-gun. I am willing to bet that O-Gun is going to stay put. There are some names out there that require no compensation other than money and I doubt anyone is going to want to drop a first and a third when Kearse and Wiley are out there.

Crap.

As much as I would love Wally to return and dominate the left side, he represents a huge opportunity to bring the offense up to snuff.

Still, those guys aren't elite. Wiley was largely a bust. Hopefully we can still trade Wally for something good.

Originally posted by Samphin
Just saw over on the chargers home page www.chargers.com that RayLee Johnson and Marcellus Wiley have both been released. I wonder how this affects the market for O-gun. I am willing to bet that O-Gun is going to stay put. There are some names out there that require no compensation other than money and I doubt anyone is going to want to drop a first and a third when Kearse and Wiley are out there.

We'll see......

I feel that Ogunleye is better than both, but someone might want to take a lesser talented guy and keep the draft picks than grab someone like Ogunleye and deal with having to sign him long term and drop draft picks. I could see Seattle dropping out and going for Wiley here. I know Holmgren doesn't like to give up picks, and this seems to have worked in his favor.

Kearse is rumored to go to Washington still, so perhaps the Eagles still might have an interest.

Wow, looking at their complete list here. Soloman Page was not tendered either. He is an offensive tackle. Could he be a replacement for Wade if he goes bye bye? Also, their Punter Bennett is a free agent as well. I know at one time he was excellent but I couldn't tell ya if he is now. Could he be a better fit than Turk?

I don't think Marty really wants that pick. He probably thinks he can get who he wants later in the draft.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a player trade involved with a switch at the number one pick for something later in the 20's.

Heck, after all the rumors flying around now nothing would surprise me.

someone like SD or Oakland....if they wanted Wally they'd probably only give us their 1st round pick and we'd be GIVING THEM an additional 3rd this year or a 3rd next year. Or....we'd get their #1 and they'd get ours and we'd call it a day. It'd be the same as us getting 2 #1s and trading up to that spot, although actually it'd work out better for us cuz we'd still have 2 #1s although we'd be losing a 3rd. I could live with it either way to move up to the #1-3 spot in the draft.

In 2001 Wiley had 13 sacks. In 2002 he fell to 6 sacks. Last year in 16 games he had 3. This is a player going in the wrong direction where O-Guns #s speak for themselves. No comparison in talent and upside.

Originally posted by jbond
someone like SD or Oakland....if they wanted Wally they'd probably only give us their 1st round pick and we'd be GIVING THEM an additional 3rd this year or a 3rd next year. Or....we'd get their #1 and they'd get ours and we'd call it a day. It'd be the same as us getting 2 #1s and trading up to that spot, although actually it'd work out better for us cuz we'd still have 2 #1s although we'd be losing a 3rd. I could live with it either way to move up to the #1-3 spot in the draft.

Under that scenario Robert Gallery no ifs, ands, or buts on that one.

6-7 325lbs 4.95 in the 40

You draft that guy and don't worry about the left side for 10 years :eek:

just for sh*ts and giggles

could you imagine giving wally and a 3rd to oakland, and then trading our 1st (20) and a player ( madison ? ) to san diego. What would we do with the first 2 pics.....:lol: :crazy:

I hope this brings Oguns value down....Ogun is one of the top DEs ends there is, and to top it all off hes in his prime....no way do I want him to leave.

:dedolfan: :thewave: :jumper: :nana: :dance: :booty: :mdfin:

....and DW wouldn't be picking more Fletcher busts......

Back
Top Bottom