San Diego Chargers DE's released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Diego Chargers DE's released

Re: just for sh*ts and giggles

Originally posted by dolfan72734me
could you imagine giving wally and a 3rd to oakland, and then trading our 1st (20) and a player ( madison ? ) to san diego. What would we do with the first 2 pics.....:lol: :crazy:
probably draft a CB and a LB

Originally posted by jbond
:dedolfan: :thewave: :jumper: :nana: :dance: :booty: :mdfin:

....and DW wouldn't be picking more Fletcher busts......

DW is not making the picks anymore.

Originally posted by Samphin
Wow, looking at their complete list here. Soloman Page was not tendered either. He is an offensive tackle. Could he be a replacement for Wade if he goes bye bye? Also, their Punter Bennett is a free agent as well. I know at one time he was excellent but I couldn't tell ya if he is now. Could he be a better fit than Turk?

The SD OT we need to replace Wade is Damion McIntosh, he's a stud run blocker and can play either side. Also, only gave up 9.5 sacks in 37 games starting at LT.
He is a Hollywood Fla resident and a native of Jamaica, and he goes back there every summer to visit. You'd think he'd just love to play ball in Sou Fla.

Darren Bennett is 39, but still has a big leg, he would be a definite upgrade in every aspect as a punter, not sure how he is as a holder though.
But, since Jay is going to be the #2, I guess he could be the holder, so he can see a little action other than wearing headphones and holding a clipboard. :)
BTW, Olindo's best holder imo was Damon Huard, it seems to me like Olindo was much more Mr Automatiic when Damon held for him. Haven't looked up any #s though to back it up, just how I recall it.

Originally posted by BSQX4
In 2001 Wiley had 13 sacks. In 2002 he fell to 6 sacks. Last year in 16 games he had 3. This is a player going in the wrong direction where O-Guns #s speak for themselves. No comparison in talent and upside.

I didn't realize Wiley dropped off so much. Still, his release could be bad for the Dolphins if they want Ogunleye to sign elsewhere. Wiley is "a name" and he isn't that far away from 10+ sack seasons.

Chargers released both DE's. They are looking for DE's that are better suited for the 3-4.

Also his cap hit was 9.6 Mill this year.

my tought was if ogun goes we could sign wiley playing across jt might get him 10 sacks

Originally posted by jbond
someone like SD or Oakland....if they wanted Wally they'd probably only give us their 1st round pick and we'd be GIVING THEM an additional 3rd this year or a 3rd next year. Or....we'd get their #1 and they'd get ours and we'd call it a day. It'd be the same as us getting 2 #1s and trading up to that spot, although actually it'd work out better for us cuz we'd still have 2 #1s although we'd be losing a 3rd. I could live with it either way to move up to the #1-3 spot in the draft.

maybe....im still HOPIN oakland bites on O-gun. I wouldn't care if we had to give up our 3rd, having the 2nd and 20th overall would let us absolutely STACK the offense for the future (Eli/Gallery/Fitzgerald/M. Williams AND Woods/Clayton/Evans/Carey). Could happen too, Oaktown needs DEs, and i think even Al Davis may realize O-guns got a ton of upside and is mostly likely better then anyone he could draft (Udeze, Smith, Odom?)

Back
Top Bottom