Sanders…..at it again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanders…..at it again

The call was even sillier. No reason to take that risk at that stage in the game.

That’s a bad coaching decision.
How is it a silly call? A third string QB making his first start has to make a play on a pressure packed 4th down or you let your former Pro Bowl Kicker earn his $? What is the higher probability? You get those points and we keep rolling with good momentum. There were no weather conditions to affect the kick, he just choked, coaches routinely ask kickers to make 50+ FG's.

I have to add unless you meant punt the ball instead of going for it, I still say this guy gets paid to make these kicks, he was drilling them in warmups.

How is it a silly call? A third string QB making his first start has to make a play on a pressure packed 4th down or you let your former Pro Bowl Kicker earn his $? What is the higher probability? You get those points and we keep rolling with good momentum. There were no weather conditions to affect the kick, he just choked, coaches routinely ask kickers to make 50+ FG's.
The good kickers are drilling kicks from within 55 yards. I’d say anything beyond 55 yards is for the really elite kickers.

I have to add unless you meant punt the ball instead of going for it, I still say this guy gets paid to make these kicks, he was drilling them in warmups.

Hmm...let's see how is it a silly call?

a 54 yard FG which Sanders has a history of not making
your down 2 points..not 20
it's at the top of the 4th quater with lots of time
up to that point your defnese is helping to keep you in the game

You can try the FG which has a high probably of not working and then you give them the ball practdically at the 50 yard line.
If they score it's now a TWO possession game and now you have to expose you're 3rd string QB to more passing.

Right, because throwing around "fetal alcohol syndrome" as a cute joke is a real gem of a contribution to the forum.
Yeah because you definitely didn't call me an alcoholic as a cute joke in the post prior right? So it's ok for you to tell a cute joke but not ok for others? Your logic is flawed my friend.

Yeah because you definitely didn't call me an alcoholic as a cute joke in the post prior right? So it's ok for you to tell a cute joke but not ok for others? Your logic is flawed my friend.
Attack me all you want. Leave my family out of it, my guy.

Hmm...let's see how is it a silly call?

a 54 yard FG which Sanders has a history of not making
your down 2 points..not 20
it's at the top of the 4th quater with lots of time
up to that point your defnese is helping to keep you in the game

You can try the FG which has a high probably of not working and then you give them the ball practdically at the 50 yard line.
If they score it's now a TWO possession game and now you have to expose you're 3rd string QB to more passing.
Here is what’s flawed with your way of thinking, if you are paying your kicker handsomely like we are you EXPECT him to make those kicks, he must make it more often than not.
So, if you think he ain’t gonna make it then he needs to be cut, ASAP, that’s the point. And I believe that’s where we are with sanders now, he hurt us today

The analytics of kicking a 54 field goal was totally wrong.
The correct decision was going for it on 4th and 5.
Not punting or a FG try.
Getting a 1st down and then scoring a TD is a significant advantage in winning the game.
Andy Reid always goes for the 1st down in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom