Saturday Afternoon Camp Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saturday Afternoon Camp Report

Way to post Ozzy, good to read you again..LOL..

Very nice report Ozzy! Best MiniCamp I have ever been to. Things are definatly changing.

I also noticed there was kind of a high school atmosphere on the feild. It's almost like Saban is restoring their hunger!

awing_pilot said:
I thought Roth was an animal. If thomas's Guns get any bigger he could crush diamonds in them. I thought all of the QB action was par at best. Defense looked good overall and Welker was another WR that had some nice catches. Your report is pretty much spot on though. Good Job

Thanks !!

One thing I noticed about Roth, is that he has very good instincts. We all knew he was an animal from reading about him, but from watching him for two practices, there is a lot more than a guy who wants to fight all the time. Dude looks like he can play. Put all that together, and that's why I kept a write up about him short and sweet. I can't wait to see him with pads on.

This D-line is going to make the Oline better, especially at the tempo being used.

Dude said:
Nice write up Ozzy! I can't wait to get out there myself, but looks like I'll have to wait till TC...

I've seen McMichael, but Chambers lined up as an H-back??? Could you imagine him having to pick up a hot blitzer? I doubt we'll see that much of that in the season, but man it must have supprised u a little....

Thanks Dude! I've been wondering where you were?

When he was in the H, they had McMike lined up almost right in front of him as the slot. My thinking is that he was the one picking up any blitzes. I'm not 100 % but I imagine that Linehan is only using that lineup for arial photos to take a look at any way to get Chambers locked up on a Lb....

Most of the time it's a TE in that spot so I think this was jus an experiment. Your right.

Muck said:
Good job bro. Very detailed. You came thru where I couldn't!!

You're right. The front seven is going to be just fine this year. We just have to hope that Traylor stays healthy and hope someone else (Chester, Vickerson) heals/emerges. Regardless, we've got a lot of talent around the LOS. And it's going to cause problems for anyone in their way.

Oh, and Kevin Carter looks so huge for a DE. Dude is really built.

Thanks man. I saw that you posted a report, but I was starving so I posted mine and left without reading it. I'm sure you did a great job, and since I'm home for a while I'm going to read up on yours and a few others.

They really shored up the run defense and they really really needed too after finishing somewhere near last.

Chester to me looks a little out of shape. Hopefully he is working harder than ever though.

If they had a healthy Chester, and Traylor, now that's scary.

Trackstar said:
Very nice report Ozzy! Best MiniCamp I have ever been to. Things are definatly changing.

I also noticed there was kind of a high school atmosphere on the feild. It's almost like Saban is restoring their hunger!

Very good observation! Also, if you have ever attended any college practices, a lot of them have that same atmosphere.

Sabans attitude seems to be rubbing off. I've never seen Sam Madison running around like this so early on!! He is even absorbing info from the assistants, who look younger than him!!

MDFINFAN said:
Way to post Ozzy, good to read you again..LOL..

Good to be read again.........lol

Thanks! Thanks to everyone who enjoyed it!

Ozzy,

Does the way practice is being run now seem more organized than the way it was run under the previous coaching staff?

Travis Daniels has been coached for four years by one of the best secondary coaches in all of football period in Nick Saban. Any good secondary coach will tell you that your first goal is to take away any inside route.

KB21 said:
Ozzy,

Does the way practice is being run now seem more organized than the way it was run under the previous coaching staff?

Travis Daniels has been coached for four years by one of the best secondary coaches in all of football period in Nick Saban. Any good secondary coach will tell you that your first goal is to take away any inside route.

I was saying today how the assistants all have pages of plays and notes that they go thru for each play. Whereas before the most you saw was maybe two assistants with a single sheet of paper.

There is a heck of a lot of organization out there, that's a fact!! My guess would be about 10 times to that of the former staff. The thing about Wanny was that he inherited an organized team from JJ, and every year after that it got worse.

Taking away the inside is one of the first things I look at in a young corner. It tells you right away if he has been properly coached. Maybe that's why I was so high on Corey Webster, who was also coached by Saban, and would be here had he not been snatched up two picks before them.

Daniels is good at watching the hips too.

How fast was this kids 40? He never seems to far off his man.

thanks ozzy...you do a great job with the reports especially for all of us that dont live in south florida

I'm excited about a lot of the good things we are hearing about. The latest one is our situational practice. How many times, these last few years, have we been in a "situation" and failed to execute? I know we are going to get better there! Thanks for the report!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom