Saw this fan post from the finsider | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saw this fan post from the finsider

Luke Willson is so good Seattle had to trade their 2nd rd Center and a 1st rd pick to acquire a real TE.

If true it will be very interesting what kind of contract we offer to an unproven 5th rd draft pick.

Acquiring a real TE isn't a knock on Wilson.

Graham is a HOF type TE, that's not a talent indictment on anyone.

I've watched him a lot since we have to watch every Seahawks game in my house. Good TE with above average speed and the guy catches everything. Obviously, I'd rather have Graham. Not surprised he wants out because he was playing well as their starter til Jimmy came along.

I've watched him a lot since we have to watch every Seahawks game in my house. Good TE with above average speed and the guy catches everything. Obviously, I'd rather have Graham. Not surprised he wants out because he was playing well as their starter til Jimmy came along.

:err:

'13 - 20 rec, 272 yds, 1 TD

'14 - 22 rec, 362 yds, 3 TD

That's hardly starter quality. If we had that kind of production from a TE we drafted after 2 years we all know we'd be looking for another answer instead of the hopeful silver lining.

He'll either re-sign with Seattle or play for another team up North closer to his hometown (LaSalle,ON). I truly doubt he chooses Miami.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Don't argue with him.

He thinks he's the only one right.

Until I'm proven otherwise, I have no reason to deter from my opinion.

He and Thomas could be a poor mans Gronk/Hernandez if health and opportunity to play get them doing what they can do. We'd have an insane amount of talent in the seam and height in the red zone with them plus Parker. Get a couple of young vet guards on the cheap and go nothing but defense in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does Thomas have an involuntary manslaughter charge or something??:D

He can't block at all and I don't trust the source on this

At this point in time I sure hope the Dolphins are

A) exploring all possible options to upgrade the team, and

B) putting out a steady stream of smokescreens.

Could we be looking at Luke Wilson? Absolutely! They need to evaluate every possible upgrade. I'm hoping they have already done an extensive review of all the NFL players at least once by now. Their attention will turn primarily to the Combine, interviews, follow up tests, and evaluating what talent exists and where it is on our and other teams' draft boards.

Tannenbaum better have a plan A, B, C, D, E, .... and more for every roster spot by now. And those plans are probably being tweaked daily.

Wilson wouldn't be my first choice, but just like Julius Thomas (definitely not my preferred choice), he does have some qualities Gase can use.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not much of a source... BUT he's an interesting player, maybe Gase could utilize his skills. If a combo of Sims/Wilson is possible and not too pricey, I would be good with that. Eliminates the need for a TE early, we could take a developmental guy later on

I doubt that we are looking at Julius Thomas plus Luke Willson. More likely looking at Julius Thomas or Luke Willson.
An experienced TE seam threat would be good but I'm still for re-signing Dion Sims, as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Tannenbaum is leaking these snippets deliberately as part of the negotiating process with Dion Sims.

I like Luke. But I'd still rather draft a TE and pair them with Sims, then invest in two FA TE's. But Luke's a mid-tier contract guy with upside and those are the types of guys we should be targeting.

:err:

'13 - 20 rec, 272 yds, 1 TD

'14 - 22 rec, 362 yds, 3 TD

That's hardly starter quality. If we had that kind of production from a TE we drafted after 2 years we all know we'd be looking for another answer instead of the hopeful silver lining.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but the Seahawks didn't throw the ball in 2013 or 2014 very much.

Back
Top Bottom