Say hello to Will Poole: Impact Rookie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say hello to Will Poole: Impact Rookie

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Greg A. Bedard said:
"The guy makes plays," Wannstedt said. "You don't coach that. I want more guys I don't have to coach."

It's almost getting old seeing Poole making life tough on offensive players, especially starting tailback Travis Minor.

On Monday, Poole came up behind Minor, stripped the ball out and then recovered it. On Tuesday, Poole stopped Minor dead in his tracks during an early morning drill. And, of course, there are the multiple pass deflections Poole's accumulated.

It's no wonder then that he joined Reggie Howard on the first team for the first time Tuesday, in the absence of injured starters Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain.

"I'm picking it up well," Poole said. "I've got a lot of guys here to learn from. I'm understanding the defense."

This article has me so unbelievably optimistic about our secondary this year and more specificially Will Poole. You can't help but get the feeling he's one of those few rookies that make major impact in their rookie seasons.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2004/08/04/a8b_finsnotes_0804.html

i hope poo;e cantake over for madison some day like aybe sep.12 so we cab\n trade his over paid azz

Our defense is going to be amazing with or without OGUN this year so personally I feel we should just trade him for Edge (if the Colts have a change of heart). Yea it will make the Colts a better team but we dont have to worry about them this year. (Unless in the playoffs)

Will Poole is going to end up one of the biggest steals in NFL history...you watch and see. ;)

16wins4fins said:
i hope poo;e cantake over for madison some day like aybe sep.12 so we cab\n trade his over paid azz
Over paid? Did you watch the games last year? In particularly the ones he got beat deep on? Someone already mentioned this before I got a chance to say my peace on it, in another thread. But the fact is, the problem has been solved. Marion was released. In the coverages Madison got beat deep on, it was his job to cover , but was suposed to have help on the over by Marion who consistently showed up late.

If you watch the footage over and over again, you will see that Sam was excellent in the short and mid coverage. Marion was supposed to help with the long coverage, but didn't show up at times. Why do you think they released him and not Madison. Not too mention the off the field problems Marrion had right before release?

Pat Surtain 
Sam Madison
Reggie Howard
Will Poole
Alphonso Roundtree?

Munezo said:
Pat Surtain 
Sam Madison
Reggie Howard
Will Poole
Alphonso Roundtree?

You forgot Corey Banks, who's making some noise himself..right now it looks like we have one of the best Secondaries we've had..starters and depth..I hope TC translates to the Regular Season, remember it doesn't alway go like that, i.e., DT last year.

BTW, I knew this kid was a steal when they drafted him. I hate Mel Kiper, but he said the same thing. If this kid keeps his wits about him, they might be looking at another pro bowl corner.

Dredd1050 said:
BTW, I knew this kid was a steal when they drafted him. I hate Mel Kiper, but he said the same thing. If this kid keeps his wits about him, they might be looking at another pro bowl corner.

I agree he will be a steal especially since one can argue he was the most complete CB in the draft. BUt I don't take much into account of what Kiper says. He knows how to rank players and where they'll be drafted, but some of his opinions are major crapola

If reports were accurate, he was sick when he did his two main workouts. That is why his times were so slow. Plus he looks like one of those players who are faster on the field.

"The guy makes plays," Wannstedt said. "You don't coach that. I want more guys I don't have to coach."

nobody else finds this mildly funny/ironic???
Wanny, a coach everyone thinks sucks, wishing he didnt have to coach?!?!
I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!!:goof:

I'm a strong believer we have the deepest secondary in the NFL..

:woot:

Isn't his quote talking about him wishing he could have more players that are just natural football players and just have an intuition about making plays. Why is that such a funny quote? I guess Wanny is not alloud to say he wants good players on his team, what a horrible thing.

Back
Top Bottom