Say hello to Will Poole: Impact Rookie | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Say hello to Will Poole: Impact Rookie

Poole is known for making a ton of plays, but the main reason he fell to the 4th round is that he also gives up a ton of plays. You can probably compare him to Deltha O'Neal.

Brad01 said:
Poole is known for making a ton of plays, but the main reason he fell to the 4th round is that he also gives up a ton of plays. You can probably compare him to Deltha O'Neal.

Interesting. It's nice to see players make some noise in camp. I remember Zacks first training camp and all the plays he was making. Not saying things will work out for Poole as we'll just have to wait and see, but Zack had his critics on draft day and he didn't turn out too bad.

Steve

Trying to tie all the disparate threads together here....
1. Poole was the steal of the draft. He'll displace Madison in two years as the starter with Howard playing nickel. This is the same thing that happened with Surtain and Buckley, except that Surtain played nickel back, not dime back. Poole didn't fall in the draft because he gave up some big plays; he fell in the draft because teams got cold feet over the fact that he got kicked off the team at BC, which led to his transfer to USC, and the fact that he was arrested for drunk driving.
2. The press coverage rules will hurt our CBs, but help our WRs. It evens out. You'll see us play a little more zone this season to compensate. If it helps your outlook any, New England will get hurt just as much; their corners play pretty physical as well.
3. Czarnecki is a hack who's half a step shy of reporting for PFT. Take anything he says, i.e. "the coaching staff has no faith in Feeley" (or whatever it was) with a grain of salt. Okay, make that a shaker of salt. Okay, fine, a salt lick.
4. I like Mel Kiper. :D

phunwin said:
Trying to tie all the disparate threads together here....
1. Poole was the steal of the draft. He'll displace Madison in two years as the starter with Howard playing nickel. This is the same thing that happened with Surtain and Buckley, except that Surtain played nickel back, not dime back. Poole didn't fall in the draft because he gave up some big plays; he fell in the draft because teams got cold feet over the fact that he got kicked off the team at BC, which led to his transfer to USC, and the fact that he was arrested for drunk driving.
Yep if he keeps playing the way he has show in camp, although look to him getting a sniff next year as the cap number on Surtain makes him expendable. WE have got to start gettingt he youth in playing to lower our cap.

phunwin said:
2. The press coverage rules will hurt our CBs, but help our WRs. It evens out. You'll see us play a little more zone this season to compensate. If it helps your outlook any, New England will get hurt just as much; their corners play pretty physical as well.
Yep i agree , Boston should eat up the new change and I expect a monster from him this year, Chambers will be as good as ever. As for number 3 it looks like Sullivan likes what DT is doing and he is the man to get the most out of him.

phunwin said:
3. Czarnecki is a hack who's half a step shy of reporting for PFT. Take anything he says, i.e. "the coaching staff has no faith in Feeley" (or whatever it was) with a grain of salt. Okay, make that a shaker of salt. Okay, fine, a salt lick.
Im pretty sure that for coaching staff read as "my fellow barfly friends at my local as I cant be bothered getting facts" . Feely is coming on and he will displace Feebler. Lets see what happens with the scrimamge this weekend.

phunwin said:
4. I like Mel Kiper. :D
????

Back
Top Bottom