say it ain't so, Danny? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say it ain't so, Danny?

[video=youtube;kShJAEODWMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShJAEODWMc[/video]
[video=youtube;8YMgAxF39oA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YMgAxF39oA[/video]
[video=youtube;ql1KadeP7aE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql1KadeP7aE[/video]
[video=youtube;HvkDKSXuLCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvkDKSXuLCU[/video]

I know Marino is revered around here as a messianic legend, but the man is an ahole. I have heard several stories of fans and other people meeting him and being treated like trash by him.

To have an affair that results in a love child and cover it up is a scumbag move. Especially considering the family he has, and the struggles he and his wife had with an autistic child. This is a major betrayal to highly supportive wife.

I am not the one that will trow the first stone! Every human can make mistakes, Is wether you learn from them!

Proof Marino has the quickest release in NFL history.

who cares if he has chicks on the side ...who cares if he's a cokehead....let god judge him ..we judge how great of a player he was for us fin fans..

all the best players in sports are motivated by that thing..they all seek fame and fortune to be popular to be admire by millions to have there pick of the lither...and that fame and fortune leads to the punani!!!

It's none of our business. Doesn't change the fact that he's the greatest QB that I have ever seen. I feel sorry for Claire. At least he took care of the woman and the kid.

Dog in the sense that every man has a dog in him.

Just like you said every man has the urge to ****. That's the dog in him.

[video=youtube;LuyS9M8T03A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuyS9M8T03A[/video]

About 15 years ago I met this girl who said Marino had hit on her pretty heavily. She was beautiful but a serious flake and even though her story had the proverbial stink of truth I wasn't sure I believed her.

Now I guess I do.

That's pretty much all that's changed. He's still my favorite football player but I never idolized him as a human being as some seem to have done. The "image" of these guys is never real, no matter how much you think you know. To engage in hero worship of a football player or any celebrity is like engaging in hero worship of a comic book character. It's silly.

Coffee is for closers. Good father? Go home and play with your kids. Right? There's a lot of people being very high and mighty when all they really care about is whether the dude can play. You won't hear a story like this about John Beck but not a **** is given about that because he sucks. There isn't a Dolphins fan out there -- no matter how self righteous -- who wanted Beck to remain the quarterback of this team one second longer because he's a good guy off the field. It's irrelevant. So stop pretending you care.

Did anybody really think they had a good enough bead on Dan's character that they knew what he was actually like? If so, that's on you, because that's not only delusional it's creepy. You don't know him, you're never going to know him. This story shatters a false image, that's all. It doesn't create a real one or reveal a real one.

BTW: The chances that more stories of this type (probably without love children, but you never know) coming out are better than 50/50, I'd say. This is a guy who's been with the same woman since he was in high school. Regardless of your fame, physical attractiveness and personal charm, the chances of you going from the age of 17 to the day you die never having slept around are not very good, and Marino was a top recruit out of high school, started as a freshman and became a sensation as a rookie quarterback. The man's had more top quality tail thrown at him that any of us could see if we had 10 lifetimes and nothing else to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Jesus. A pro athlete with an illegitimate kid? That's just unheard of.

The Italian Stallion Dan Marino. Bet he leaves CBS...wow he has to do the Superbowl broadcast doesn't he? Boomer is gonna crucify him.

It's none of our business. Doesn't change the fact that he's the greatest QB that I have ever seen. I feel sorry for Claire. At least he took care of the woman and the kid.

There was no doubt he was going to take care of them. He has two adopted daughters on top of his four sons, he loves children.

1st, not sure how this can surprise anyone, he's human. 2nd, it's none of our f***ing business. 3rd this is why the media is trusted less than lawyers.

Marino has done nothing but GREAT things since he left football. This kind of story effects not only him and his family but future children and their families from possibly getting the help they need for their autistic children, and children of need in general. I have issues with Marino the NFL player, but have had nothing but extreme and the utmost respect for him as a man and a philanthropist. He is the closest thing we have in these times to saint. For the person and ppl that sat on this story and then decided to post this story IMO have a special place in hell waiting for them. It's disgusting.

What always baffles me about these things, celebrities and their love-children, is that Marino has a mountain of money, this woman had a job, they're educated, probably worldly, they each can't afford or be bothered to concern themselves with obtaining proper birth control? Speaking from ONLY a PRACTICAL point of view, if you were going to enter into an affair, when you're a public figure, wouldn't you think to take every precaution to protect yourself, your money, and your reputation? If there's no child involved, this is a heresay incident and no one would ever know about it. I can't imagine the pressure of being a celebrity, good-looking guy like Marino, famous athlete, I'm sure he gets tempted more often than we can imagine. I don't judge someone like that too harshly about an indiscretion because I can't relate to his life, though I do understand the act of drawing a line regarding absolutes as far as this goes, but as I said, from just a common sense point of view, I'm stunned at the inability to protect themselves.

When it comes to sex, you can be the smartest person that has ever lived, the P makes MOST men stupid, it has that effect on all of us. The worldly part in your post, made me lol for real. As if only ppl that live in the hills don't use protection. Plus Marino has never been the brightest bulb to begin with. He's just like every other Elite level athlete. He has been told yes all of his life, and doesn't know what the word NO means. Most of them are basic level functioning adults due to that.

FYI, I promise you, Marino has been bagging tale while he was playing and prob more after. I'm not sure how this would or should be news to anyone. Name a sports figure, I promise you they are doing the same or worse than what Marino did right now. At least Marino is man enough to take care of his illegitimate child.

I know Marino is revered around here as a messianic legend, but the man is an ahole. I have heard several stories of fans and other people meeting him and being treated like trash by him.

To have an affair that results in a love child and cover it up is a scumbag move. Especially considering the family he has, and the struggles he and his wife had with an autistic child. This is a major betrayal to highly supportive wife.

He didn't cover it up. As far as we have been told his wife knew about it. After she knows, and he does the right thing as far as taking care of the little girl, it's none of our business. If he denied the little girl, then he's be a scumbag IMO.

Back
Top Bottom